CPU components needed for a friend - i3 based system

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
CPU components needed for a friend - i3 based system

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: General Office Apps, Web Browsing (with multiple tabs open), music and watching movies (including Full HD movie clips with some encoded using HEVC etc.)
No Gaming.
Rare photo editing and video encoding (not much important)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 10-15k (wants to spend Minimum). only want CPU, Motherboard, RAM, Cabinet and PSU.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Nope, no plans at all.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: will be using Windows 7 Professional.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: have a 2TB and some old 80, 160GB internal drives so that is not needed..

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No. Already have one 20inch

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Hard Drive, Monitor, Keyboard/Mouse.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: hopefully in next 10-15 days.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: can be both. I have assembled Desktops before.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Lucknow. preferably offline.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Interested in building an i3 based system with 4GB RAM as that will last for 4-5 years easily.

Thanks friends!

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -17.5K

Intel Core i3 6098P -8000,
Gigabyte H110M-S2 -4000,
G.Skill Aegis 4GB 2133Mhz DDR4 -2500,
Zebronics Vent -1000,
Antec BP350P -2000.
Total -17,500.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Why would you go with something inferior compared to an i3 build and loose performance?

its for some one else who might prefer something within budget even after suggesting budget increase.
regarding myself, i use a no performance system right now since long - a Pentium 4 3GHZ on 81915 :D

Top Bottom