CPU Clock Speed Question

coolguythampy

Broken In
Hi all,

I have a question regarding CPU clock speed.

I was recently looking online to purchase a core i5 laptop- 4th gen. Most laptops come with 1.6ghz processor and turbo boost close to 2.3 GHZ. Only very few laptops have 2 GHZ or above speed with turbo boost above 3 GHZ.

For a usage like web browsing, HD movie watching, would 1.6ghz suffice? Or should I go with a 2 GHz + processor? Since i5 4th gen is new, there is not much of a choice online when it comes to 2 GHZ + processors.

Is it worth paying extra money for higher clock speed or would you recommend sticking to the 1.6ghz version?

Thanks!

Minion

Conversation Architect
Don't get laptop with higher clock speed perfomance largely depends on architecture rather than clock speed better get 1.6Ghz version.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Hi all,

I have a question regarding CPU clock speed.

I was recently looking online to purchase a core i5 laptop- 4th gen. Most laptops come with 1.6ghz processor and turbo boost close to 2.3 GHZ. Only very few laptops have 2 GHZ or above speed with turbo boost above 3 GHZ.

For a usage like web browsing, HD movie watching, would 1.6ghz suffice? Or should I go with a 2 GHz + processor? Since i5 4th gen is new, there is not much of a choice online when it comes to 2 GHZ + processors.

Is it worth paying extra money for higher clock speed or would you recommend sticking to the 1.6ghz version?

Thanks!

which laptop are you referring to ?

Top Bottom