CPU Box for Office Work within 20K

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
Have you talked to primeabgb,they will update mobo bios & might deliver components to Pune at no/little extra cost?

Not yet talked to them; got stuck with other office stuff. I'll definitely talk to them before ordering.

I've bought components from them in the past both online and from the store itself; hopefully they will update the bios if required.
Thanks!

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
Hello friends,

The things are getting delayed from my society side, and unless the committee gives the final approval I cannot build the CPU.
It may take another week or so. Once I get the final decision, I'll get back to the build.

Thanks for your kind help!
Happy Diwali!

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
See if you can buy a Dell Inspiron 3268 desktop (Pentium G4560) without the monitor. The desktop comes with a 20 inch monitor and is priced around 25k. It'll be a good deal if you can get it for 20-21k without the monitor. Here is the link to the specs:

Inspiron 3268 Small Desktop | Dell India

In short, it's G4560 + 4GB RAM + 1TB HDD + Mobo supporting WiFi. Even though it's branded, the config is good VFM, as long as you don't plan on installing a discrete GPU. But, I don't know if you can buy one without the monitor.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
See if you can buy a Dell Inspiron 3268 desktop (Pentium G4560) without the monitor. The desktop comes with a 20 inch monitor and is priced around 25k. It'll be a good deal if you can get it for 20-21k without the monitor. Here is the link to the specs:

Inspiron 3268 Small Desktop | Dell India

In short, it's G4560 + 4GB RAM + 1TB HDD + Mobo supporting WiFi. Even though it's branded, the config is good VFM, as long as you don't plan on installing a discrete GPU. But, I don't know if you can buy one without the monitor.
It isn't VFM when you consider 1 year standard warranty instead of 3 or more if OP assembles it for himself. There are no rear USB 3.0 ports and it has obsolete DVD drive.

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
It isn't VFM when you consider 1 year standard warranty instead of 3 or more if OP assembles it for himself. There are no rear USB 3.0 ports and it has obsolete DVD drive.

Yes, I also agree; it looks cool but not sure about the motherboard/RAM quality & expansion. PSU is also just 180 watts. On top of that it has only one year warranty. We can definitely assemble a better system in that budget.

Still waiting for the final go from the society.

I really appreciate the time and efforts you guys put to help everyone!

quicky008

Technomancer
^^Upgrading those pre built systems later is always gonna be a hassle-you need components that will fit into that small form factor case,otherwise you will be squarely out of luck.Also it seems they have included a cheaper,run of the mill mobo to cut costs as it doesn't seem to have any usb 3.0 ports(which are quite ubiquitous these days).

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
^^Upgrading those pre built systems later is always gonna be a hassle-you need components that will fit into that small form factor case,otherwise you will be squarely out of luck.Also it seems they have included a cheaper,run of the mill mobo to cut costs as it doesn't seem to have any usb 3.0 ports(which are quite ubiquitous these days).

I don't see any major upgrade possibility for this system in future; at the most, one more RAM module or more HDD.
But not sure about RAM/HDD upgrade possible in the pre-built systems, especially these compact ones.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
More than upgrade,you should worry about mobo(motherboard) requiring repair after 1 year warranty period.Most mobos that develop issues do so after 1 year but then standard warranty on standalone mobos is 3 years not to mention oem mobo in dell system is likely to be of lower quality than standalone mobos.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
The price of G4560 seems to have shot up because of high demand, and the B250 is a more expensive mobo than a budget system needs. Put together, this raises the cost by 3k-4k. The h110 is good enough, but you might end up with an old board that needs a BIOS update. As others have mentioned, if you're going with the h110, make sure to buy from someone who is willing to update the BIOS before shipping it to you.

It isn't a great time to be building a budget PC right now. If you can, wait for coffee lake core i3 and cheapo h310 mobos or for AMD raven ridge and cheap AM4 mobos. Either will offer far more value than G4560 + B250.

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
Yes, with the rise in price it's becoming increasing difficult to fit the whole config in 20K. On top of that, the committee is delaying the decision to build the PC.
Let's wait for some time, then I'll ask them to increase the budget.

Thanks!

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
Hello friends,

I'm back with the updated requirement and budget.
Now we need the full computer, including a new monitor, keyboard & mouse. The monitor should be FHD, and preferably more than 22" in size.

The new budget is now 30K approx. Also can we accommodate a Core i3 in this, if possible? Or suggest the best option.
We need to build this fast, please help.

Thanks!

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hello friends,

I'm back with the updated requirement and budget.
Now we need the full computer, including a new monitor, keyboard & mouse. The monitor should be FHD, and preferably more than 22" in size.

The new budget is now 30K approx. Also can we accommodate a Core i3 in this, if possible? Or suggest the best option.
We need to build this fast, please help.

Thanks!
Not possible with a FHD 22" monitor (which would cost more than 7k) unless you go with G4560 and H110 mobo.
G4560 is surprisingly in stock here:
INTEL PROCESSOR PENTIUM DUAL CORE G4560 (INTEL 7TH GEN, LGA1151 SOCKET, 3M CACHE, UP TO 3.50 GHz)

Order it ASAP!

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
Not possible with a FHD 22" monitor (which would cost more than 7k) unless you go with G4560 and H110 mobo.
G4560 is surprisingly in stock here:
INTEL PROCESSOR PENTIUM DUAL CORE G4560 (INTEL 7TH GEN, LGA1151 SOCKET, 3M CACHE, UP TO 3.50 GHz)

Order it ASAP!

Thanks for the quick update! I just saw the price of that CPU has increased by a thousand. Also the 4GB RAM price is around 3750??
It was already a tough build in the budget, and after the increase in prices it's become even more difficult.

Not sure why the prices have increased so much; any chance of it coming down in near future or I need to settle with this only?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Thanks for the quick update! I just saw the price of that CPU has increased by a thousand. Also the 4GB RAM price is around 3750??
It was already a tough build in the budget, and after the increase in prices it's become even more difficult.

Not sure why the prices have increased so much; any chance of it coming down in near future or I need to settle with this only?
Ram prices may not come down in 3-6 months until and unless manufacturers increase the supply. I'd suggest you to settle with it.

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
Ram prices may not come down in 3-6 months until and unless manufacturers increase the supply. I'd suggest you to settle with it.

Oh OK, that's really bad for building any new computers.
Let me finalize the whole system; I hope that it can be done at around 30K.

Thanks.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
At Rs. 6500, the G4560 is really expensive. For comparison, the G4400, which has the same RRP as that of G4560 (64$), is being sold at Rs. 3800! Is it possible to fit a Core i3 8100 in your budget? The mobo might be expensive though, but with four cores, the value proposition is way better. Cheap h310 mobos for coffee lake are expected early next year; the coffee lake launch was really rushed to counter Ryzen. If waiting is absolutely not an option, you'll have to settle for the G4560.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
At Rs. 6500, the G4560 is really expensive. For comparison, the G4400, which has the same RRP as that of G4560 (64$), is being sold at Rs. 3800! Is it possible to fit a Core i3 8100 in your budget? The mobo might be expensive though, but with four cores, the value proposition is way better. Cheap h310 mobos for coffee lake are expected early next year; the coffee lake launch was really rushed to counter Ryzen. If waiting is absolutely not an option, you'll have to settle for the G4560.
G4400 has half the threads of G4560 and if OP went for i3 8100 now, Z370 mobo won't make any sense or fit in the budget.

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
It's really tough to decide and fit the whole config in 30K. Now I've only three option:

1. Get the G4560 and somehow fit everything in 30K, including monitor
2. Get i3 8100 with compatible m/b based config (if possible), but skip the monitor; I'll try to convince them to use the old monitor for sometime
3. Wait for the prices to cool down and proper & reasonably priced m/b for i3 8100 available to fit everything fit in 30K, I'm not if this is even possible.

Thanks

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
It's really tough to decide and fit the whole config in 30K. Now I've only three option:

1. Get the G4560 and somehow fit everything in 30K, including monitor
2. Get i3 8100 with compatible m/b based config (if possible), but skip the monitor; I'll try to convince them to use the old monitor for sometime
3. Wait for the prices to cool down and proper & reasonably priced m/b for i3 8100 available to fit everything fit in 30K, I'm not if this is even possible.

Thanks
Z370 mobo will cost you at least 13k compared to 4-5k for H110 and there are no lower end 300 series mobo available for another 1-3 months.

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
Z370 mobo will cost you at least 13k compared to 4-5k for H110 and there are no lower end 300 series mobo available for another 1-3 months.

Oh, then only option is to go for G4560, otherwise need to wait for few months to get a reasonable 8100 based config.

Does 7100 make any sense now?

Top Bottom