CPU and Motherboard For 7k

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
My friend requires a cpu and motherboard for around 7k. He would be using the system for surfing, downloading, watching movies and basic presentation and billing work. He has an IDE CD-Rom which he intends on using. So, the motherboard would need an IDE slot I guess.

No dedicated graphics card and he won't be gaming. Maybe few flash games but that's it. Also, is a good PSU available under 2k? Also, is it possible to use DDR Ram on this new motherboard? He has a 1GB DDR 400mhz stick.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
Now mobos does not come with IDE. Least you can find is mobo with DDR2 RAM(cost is way high compared to DDR3 , better go for DDR3 based board). Best option is either increase budget or get a second hand combo.
You can use the CD ROM with IDE-SATA converter but i will not recommend those, cause those converters are basically troublemakers & failure rate is high.

If you go for even Intel Dual Core G620 Processor + a h61 mobo, this combo will alone cost you 7k. Add 4GB RAM , another 1200.

Best you can get is Atom based CPU+Motherboard combo . But i find these processor slower compared to G620. Cause if you open multiple tabs in browser system tends to get slooooower.

Last edited:
OP
C

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Alright, skip the IDE slot requirement. What options do I have in AMD? Any combo that would perform better than G620 and motherboard at the same price point?

For Intel, how is Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H and GA-G41MT-S2?

How is AMD A4 3400 Processor + ASUS M5A78L-M LX combo?

saswat23

Human Spambot
For get AMD, get G620 paired with a H61 board like GA-H61M-D2H.
* Intel PDC G620 -- 3.2k
* Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H -- 3.3k
Total ---- 6.5k
+
* EVM 2GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM -- 0.54k
Grand Total ---- 7.04k
Perfect for your budget.

Finding IDE ports on motherboards is very hard these days.
To use your old HDD you need an IDE-SATA converter.

Top Bottom