Cost of Memory Card M2 2GB??

Status
Not open for further replies.

raksrules

Youngling
Can anyone please let me know the rate of Memory Card M2 2GB used in Sony Ericsson phones. I enquired in Hypercity, Malad, Mumbai and they were selling the sandisk ones for Rs. 2000. But its MRP was Rs. 3999. How can they sell it at such a reduced rate ? It was box packed with its adapter for fitting the M2 card in memory stick pro duo phones. Also i enquired for the same in Indraprasth shopping center, Borivali, Mumbai and the rate of same piece i got was Rs. 1550. Both were giving warranty on the card.
Can anyone tell me how do i differentiate between original card and the duplicate ones. It is not that i want original only but i am now bit skeptical since even the sandisk ones are becoming so cheaper.
Thanks in advance

Kniwor

Learner
Sandisk makes good flash cards, and most often better than the others... though I don't think even the local ones would be around 200 bucks, so, those cards are most probably stolen ones or something.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Can anyone please let me know the rate of Memory Card M2 2GB used in Sony Ericsson phones. I enquired in Hypercity, Malad, Mumbai and they were selling the sandisk ones for Rs. 2000. But its MRP was Rs. 3999. How can they sell it at such a reduced rate ? It was box packed with its adapter for fitting the M2 card in memory stick pro duo phones. Also i enquired for the same in Indraprasth shopping center, Borivali, Mumbai and the rate of same piece i got was Rs. 1550. Both were giving warranty on the card.
Can anyone tell me how do i differentiate between original card and the duplicate ones. It is not that i want original only but i am now bit skeptical since even the sandisk ones are becoming so cheaper.
Thanks in advance
2GB M2 original cards can never be available for as low as 1.55k! They are either fake or smuggled. I wonder how the dealer gives you warranty.

Ensure that you get a bill with the card; also make sure from the dealer that the warranty is not limited to that dealer! It should be available in any SE authorised shop/service center. Only then it can be guaranteed that its not a fake.

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
Sandisk makes good flash cards, and most often better than the others... though I don't think even the local ones would be around 200 bucks, so, those cards are most probably stolen ones or something.
Hey it was a typo. The price was Rs. 2000 and not 200. :)

2GB M2 original cards can never be available for as low as 1.55k! They are either fake or smuggled. I wonder how the dealer gives you warranty.

Ensure that you get a bill with the card; also make sure from the dealer that the warranty is not limited to that dealer! It should be available in any SE authorised shop/service center. Only then it can be guaranteed that its not a fake.

The original price written on both of these cards is Rs. 3999 and the Box is of the original one. The guy told me that Sandisk will come with 5 years warranty. I forgot to ask for the bill but i dont think that would be of an issue since i may be purchasing from a big mall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom