cost-effective!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Journeyman
Hi all,.
I understand that there are numerous topics about Gfx cards and what to buy and what not buy ( even on this forum ). But my needs are very specific - And I want a general concensus so that I can make my decision on what to buy.

I would need a Gfx which is Direct X 9.0c compatible:
Something that has OpenGL 1.0 ( atleast )
Something that is not so expensive
Something that would support the latest games with the recent shaders etc.

Price has to be cost effective. I am not looking for too high end. Medium is fine.

AlienTech

In the zone
I hear the Honda is the most cost effective one in the world. It is spiffy but not overly so. It has power to stay up but not enough to be dangerous and the latest colors and models makes one stand out in the crowd. And the price is not so high either, it is in the medium range compared to many in its class.

Ringwraith

Journeyman
AlienTech said:
I hear the Honda is the most cost effective one in the world. It is spiffy but not overly so. It has power to stay up but not enough to be dangerous and the latest colors and models makes one stand out in the crowd. And the price is not so high either, it is in the medium range compared to many in its class.
hmm very informative reply :p

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
I think Geforce 6200 cards are cost effective ones.
Gainward has some value cards.
Those from powercolor(ati) too is not so bad.

G

gxsaurav

the most efficient card right now is GeForce 6800non ultra, it can hold any game at 1024X768, 2XQ AA & 4X anis fine, weather it is Doom 3 or Half life 2, or even F.E.A.R (although not final yet), & wil work for a long time, as it got enough horse power for anything thrown at it

for mid range, nothing beats the 6600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom