corsair flash mini voyager

my brother uses this pendrive, one day he plugged it in some cyber cafe, some kinda virus came with it. now i'm trying to format it but message pops up 'windows unable to format'. also when i right click on the drive icon, it shows some unknown random characters instead of the 'autoplay/open'. please help me what to do?

my brother bought it nearly a year ago, how much warranty do corsair provide on their pendrives, if yes, am i eligible to send the drive for RMA?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Probably there is nothing wrong with the pen drive. It is infected and probably the machine you are formatting on is infected as well.

Format it under Linux Mint instead of Windows.

Moving this thread to Hardware Q&A.

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
Try scanning it with some good antivirus..
You cant format the drive because as soon as u plug in pen drive, virus starts running from it and windows cant format any drive when something is running from drive...

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try scanning it with some good antivirus..
You cant format the drive because as soon as u plug in pen drive, virus starts running from it and windows cant format any drive when something is running from drive...
yup.

That's why format from a Linux Live CD or Gparted Live CD.

OP
B

bharat_14101991

bishes!!!
okey will tell my brother to get it done at some place. he already tried to scan it on avg :( i thought i could help him from here :(
btw thanx for advices guys :)

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
Ask him to get avast..
It has a free edition....
i have used both avg and avast and according to me avast detects those viruses which are undetected by avg...

Top Bottom