Cooling Solution... Price Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Can some one confirm me if this price for the following componets is fine or not... i am ordering online for the first time and this is through PrimeABGB... i will be getting myself a Abit IX38QuadGT and a Q9450 or Q6600 within 7-8 days ... just wanted to order this so that can install this when i get the new machine...

1 Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme Rs. 2,756.00
1 Scythe S-FLEX SFF21F 120mm Case Fan Rs. 730.00
1 ARCTIC COOLING MX-2 Thermal Compound Rs. 300.00

Subtotal : Rs. 3,786.00
Shipping : Rs. 150.00
Tax Total : Rs. 0.00
Total: Rs. 3,936.00

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
i think cpu cooler is a bit on the higher side.
bcoz, comparing with "theitwares" (which is known to be highly priced), the fan and paste are a lot cheaper on abgb, but cpu cooler is even costlier than itwares.

btw where and for how much are you getting q9450??

Last edited:
OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
i am still searching for the CPU ... previoulsy i was interested in getting Q6600 but then talking with Darklord made me change my mind to switch to Q9450... so i decided to sacrifice my GPU and get a better CPU

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
I got the price revised from Prime and now my total cost is Rs. 3730... where ULTRA 120 Extreme is costing me Rs2550... what say guys... shall i book this now

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
well i just mailed them that they have overpriced their product compared to ITwares and asked them to give me a revised rate...

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
cmon,dont buy Q9450.Q6700 is more vfm since it OC's more stably and has a multi locked @10x,while q9450 multi is locked @8.5x

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
^^^^ can u please explain... as darklord told me he said Q9450 is more powerful and responds to OCing more better than Q6600

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^FYI u can OC Q6600 beyond 3.6-3.7ghz with a thermalright 120E on a good board..i think thats enough for anyone.. and Q6700 a little more.
Q9450 can OC more than Q6600 , roughly 4ghz on air and it costs ~17k

So decide if 7k more is worth a 200mhz OC

+ ABit IX38 Quad GT 's Overclocking is exactly same as my 680i , heck even my P5N-E sli is damn close.i dont think you can achieve some extreme OC on these (including mine)-
*www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/abit_ix38_quadgt/9.htm
*www.clunk.org.uk/forums/reviews/861-abit-ix38-quad-gt-living-review-ii.html

I'd choose Maximus / Striker anyday (if i were to change)

ur revised prices are good btw.

Last edited:

amitash

Intel OCer
according to some reviews ive seen the abit ix38 quad gt is an exceleent board for OCing...a Q6600 can go upto 3.6-3.7 on air...a Q9450 will OC better but i dont think the cost is worth the OC....i say save the 7k and get urself a good gfx card like the 8800GT for only 3k more....and yes the revised prices are very good and the cooler itself is awesome!!!I have one and my Q6600 at 3.0Ghz doesnt go above 48C under load...with a better board im sure i could hit 3.6Ghz with great temps

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
@ajayashish:i said q6700.q6700 oc's much better.also nish gave the right explanation.even if it aint cost 17k,itsnot worth shelling out ~4k more.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
one shouldnt look @ clock speed & fsb.he/she should see multiplier and manufacturing process,cache size and also shuld let someone else buy it 1st and then ask him how good it is and also consider reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom