Converting 24XCDRW to 32XCDRW

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsharad007

Right off the assembly line
hello,

this is only relevant for a Sony 52X/24X/52X CDRW (CRX225E).

actully this drive is a LITEON 24X drive. which is exactly the same as its 32X drive. which is also the same drive sony sells as it 32X drive. all u need is to download the firmware upgrade for either of the two drives (SONY/LITEON 32X) hack it so it doesnt check for the correct drive and apply it. and voila u get a 32X drive. Muahahahahaha.

Now all of us Laugh in the face of those lesser mortals who bought cheaper drives which arnt future upgradable, MUAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Diffrence between LITEON and SONY drives
1.) no need to press the button for turbo speeds
2.) red light while writing and orange for buffer underrun (much better than the blinking green light whihc left me clueless)
3.) Ppl say LITEON has a better Underrun protection (i never had any probs wid sony's)

Now the lack of 32X cdrw's is a totally diff issue. when they wud be available we wud be only ones wid the 32X drives - Muahahahahaha

JAK

What the Heck !
abhishekkulkarni said:
Coooool that realy is cool. :shock: Man my drive is an LG 32x 10x 40x drive.Can it be upgraded just like that .Help me. :?

yup...

i had overclocked my lg 8320 burner (32x10x40x) burner to 40x burner(lg 8401 i think..) but that was a long time back..just googe it n u'll find info... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom