Console Gaming Cafe

GamingCafe

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,

past 5years i had been planning to open my own gaming cafe .

after lot of planning and finally found someone to invest in my gaming cafe business

i have been working in company from quite long time so after lot of thoughts i made a plan to open it near my company location as it will easier for me to operate + i won't have to deal with crazy traffic after office hours :p

For starting i have decided to go for Console only . As pc require lot of work in software section . Also i am opening this gaming cafe in partnership . So i am handling gaming section and my partner is handling food section . As i won't be able to give full time there so thought it better start with console as they are easier to handle . Once start getting profit i will switch to bigger place with more console and pc better service + by that time i will leave job and give my full time there .

4 xbox one
4 ps4

So i need suggestion
1. what game should i keep in starting days
2. what type of food will gamers prefer which are must
3. For now i will not waste money on interior too much so instead i am going all black wall and roof with little Yellow light near console area .
4. Which headset would be good as i don't want other console gamer to get disturb from other gamer playing console but as said console are sometime played using two people like tekkan so will needing two headset ? which company would be better not costing too much at starting :p
5. what type of music you guys think will gamer prefer ? who are not playing game or resting ? like hiphop or soft music or etc
6. Can i make these console work on lan so that they can play against each other ?
7. what type of chair should i use sofa or beans bag or office chair build for long seating or any other
8. For Display should i keep 32inch led tv or 40inch led tv or 50inch led tv or anything better ?
9. What would be suitable price for 1/2hr and 1hr which doesn't hit gamers pocket and my pocket . Also should i offer membership which will reduce price for all time and any day for member . Should i keep price different for weekends and weekdays ? Also i am thinking different price from 10am to 4pm(cheaper rates) and 4pm to 10pm(expensive rates) ?
10. Last not least what name should i use for my gaming section as later stage if i split with my partner so that i can keep using that name in future .

thank you :)

MOD Note : I am very sorry if i have posted in wrong area kindly move it to correct area thank you and again sorry in-convince i have caused

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Before jumping into it, I suggest you to go to nearby 2-4 such gaming station, befriend with owner and learn if its really a good business. I have seen many such dying and also have seen few earning very handsome too.

Answers..
1. It changes as with time, best is go nearby parlour or station to see it yourself.
2. Cheap and versatile.. avoid any complicated or time consuming food preparations.
3. True, just hand Displays on wall and some wall mount for console or may be lock boxes and use bean bag sofa because sometimes on single console, 4 players are playing and it is very hard to accommodate them with regular furniture. I saw this setup, pretty good and comfortable for long hour players .. (I have seen guys playing from morning to night :p)
4. Well.. go for cheap as nothing will last longer in such environment.
5. Thats you decide .. depends on type of walk in
6. Yes, you can have lan gaming on console, it quite popular.
7. Already answered.. bean bags (in #3)
8. 32 will do fine, but bigger is always better if you lots of money, but HD ready cheap 32" should do.
9. Yes, do make offers, start with very cheap rates (even if you are not making much).. you have to do this for 3-4 months, but rather earn from packages and other offers
10. Well.. make some decision yourself too :p

Now, few more important things on the basis of experience :
1. Get entertainment license from local authority to save big trouble laters..
2. Ask kids to get parents consent or some sort similar thing as you don't want to get harassed by spoiled kid's parents.
3. Controllers / Headphones breaks so often in game parlours that most of the time they eat away all your profits. One solution is to offer personlized controllers to regular visitors with package.. lets say, Xbox 360 controller costs Rs. 2000 , then offer a package of Rs. 2500, with 1500 worth gaming credit and 1000 only for console.. catch is that "console will belong to particular customer and no one else will use it apart of him, however, actual owner will be you and he can't take away from parlour" . Same should be with headset or any thing which gets prone to damages easily.

Last, but not least.. this business is not sustainable unless you are lucky or you are doing something unique.. even Reliance had tried it once through their "WEB WORLDS" and later closed it.

$hadow

Geek in making
Business is always a risk if not planned properly. So ask a few people hypothetically about your plan ans see if they are willing to spend money on such a thing.

Top Bottom