consequences of buying a phone without a bill and warranty

Sangram

Broken In
i am about to buy my 1st android smart phone. i am getting a good deal on 2-3 phones but without a bill and warranty.

so i was curious, how a one will get phone serviced if he/she is not having a bill. i am getting around 5-6k of discount on a phone. usually nothing happens to mobile in the 1st year and anything after that isn't covered in the warrenty. morever, accidental damages are charged even if your phone is in warranty.. so..

1. can i go to official service centers(samsung, sony,htc) if i don't have a bill

2. can they deny service for a phone which doesn't have a bill or a record.

3. any other risks?

any one ?

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
suppose if you are getting a phone worth 20k for around 12-13k(max 15k) then it is worth, and if you are getting the same for 17k then it is not worth.

BTW you are planning to buy which phone? and what is your budget? may be we can help you a lil bit after knowing your requirements and budget.

chinmaya

Journeyman
suppose if you are getting a phone worth 20k for around 12-13k(max 15k) then it is worth, and if you are getting the same for 17k then it is not worth.

BTW you are planning to buy which phone? and what is your budget? may be we can help you a lil bit after knowing your requirements and budget.

i am getting a sony xperia sola for 14k without bill. is it worth it?

it is a box piece and new.

OP
S

Sangram

Broken In

i am looking for an android device with following specs
1. 4 + screen ..
2. dual core procerssor of minimum 1 ghz
3. 1 gb ram - i have tried many phones with 512 mb ram..they do lag..whatever you do..
4. internal memory of at least 2 gb
5. good camera.. 5mp - 8mp i like clicking pics a lot
6. decent battery backup.. should last for a whole day average 2g, gaming, listening to music

i have finalized 2 phones.. 1. galaxy s2 2. experia p

do u have any other phone to add?(please don't attrix 2..i am avoding moto :-D)

btw any feed back on my questions..

OP
S

Sangram

Broken In
Can anyone help me out with my 3 queries??

1. can i go to official service centers(samsung, sony,htc) if i don't have a bill

3. any other risks?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

3. any other risks?
service center won't repair it if its without bill...u might end up paying hefty amount to repair it.

OP
S

Sangram

Broken In
service center won't repair it if its without bill...u might end up paying hefty amount to repair it.

Hey Zangetsu,

are u very sure about it ??
because i had taken and repaired my Samsung Phone around 2 years ago..And as it was 1 year old ..they didn't ask me for a BILL..

I just want someone to confirm if they really ask for a BILL..

Thanks

aroraanant

Explorer

3. any other risks?
You can visit the service centers, obviously then can't stop visiting them but you have to pay for the visit as they will charge if you get your phone repaired from them which is not under manufacturer warranty.
In case it is under warranty and you have lost the bill you can avail the service, they can check the phone details by its IEMI no.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hey Zangetsu,

are u very sure about it ??
because i had taken and repaired my Samsung Phone around 2 years ago..And as it was 1 year old ..they didn't ask me for a BILL..

I just want someone to confirm if they really ask for a BILL..

Thanks
Depends upon their policy...

although they have the details with them still they encourage customers to preserve the bill

Top Bottom