Connecting XBox360/PS3 to monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bippukt

In the zone
Here are some questions that are making me mad:

1. Can I connect my future console to my LCD monitor (also in future)?

2. If yes, what do I need on the console side and on the PC side?

3. What size monitor will give you good display? I am thinking of getting a 19" or 22" (if affordable).

4. Any performance issues?

All this will help me solve my PC/XBOX/PS3 dilemma, even if I have to wait for a month or so :)

moshel

Padawan
1. Yes
2. dont know
3. even 17" dont look too bad. go for widescreen monitor.
4. nope. but get a monitor with good contrast ratio and a low response time.

OP
B

bippukt

In the zone
Good to know that I can hook up my console to my monitor.

- For Xbox 360, I need the VGA cable and then it's simple enough. But it does not come even with the XBox Pro...where will I find the bloody cable as nobody seems to have it. But the component cable should be able to deliver acceptable graphics for the time being.

- For PS3, I still don't know if it's possible or not. And it does not seem to have a component cable either! Why do Sony people make it so hard to find such important info?

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
Good to know that I can hook up my console to my monitor.

- For Xbox 360, I need the VGA cable and then it's simple enough. But it does not come even with the XBox Pro...where will I find the bloody cable as nobody seems to have it. But the component cable should be able to deliver acceptable graphics for the time being.

- For PS3, I still don't know if it's possible or not. And it does not seem to have a component cable either! Why do Sony people make it so hard to find such important info?

1. for 360 u have to use a HD-VGA cable. costs 1685. as of now for some time its not available in india. though u can order one from playasia.com.ther are third party ones, dragon cable for abt 500 or 600. enough. though u need buy the female to female connector for VGA. and the L-R splitter from audio extra. in orginal MS all are bundled.

or u can use the HDMI port if elite or halo edition or new falcons or jasper.

2. for PS3 u have to options

1. if ur LCD have HDMI port just buy the HDMI cable and connect it. simple.
2. u have to buy a HDMI-DVI cable and a DVI-VGA adapter if needed. and no HDMI-VGA is not available.

1. Yes
2. dont know
3. even 17" dont look too bad. go for widescreen monitor.
4. nope. but get a monitor with good contrast ratio and a low response time.

4, for MS orginal cable for 360 and HDMI-DVI cable good ones no pblms...but the third party cable users for 360 have been complaining abt bad signals...some cases only...

Here are some questions that are making me mad:

1. Can I connect my future console to my LCD monitor (also in future)?

2. If yes, what do I need on the console side and on the PC side?

3. What size monitor will give you good display? I am thinking of getting a 19" or 22" (if affordable).

4. Any performance issues?

All this will help me solve my PC/XBOX/PS3 dilemma, even if I have to wait for a month or so :)

1.yeas.

2.read my other posts

3. buy the biggest maximum possible. 22" costs from 13k to 16k...worth it..

4read my other posts.

Last edited:
OP
B

bippukt

In the zone
I am still not sure as to whether PS3 has what we call the "component cable" or not?

The AV outputs listed for 40 GB ps3 in India are:

- HDMI output (dunno if they give the cable too)
- AV multi output (what the hell is this?)
- Digital output (this is for sound I guess)

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
I am still not sure as to whether PS3 has what we call the "component cable" or not?

The AV outputs listed for 40 GB ps3 in India are:

- HDMI output (dunno if they give the cable too)
- AV multi output (what the hell is this?)
- Digital output (this is for sound I guess)

First thing First...READ MY POSTS COMPLETE......

It does not have component. its HDMI...thats all u need to know... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom