Connecting TV to Samsung P2370MS

Adude_10

Broken In
Hi all,

I recently purchased the Samsung P2370MS - 23 incher, to replace my Samsung 2330. The earlier monitor had developed vertical multicolored lines, and was advised to replace it rather then repair it, due to the cost of repair.

I must say that I am very impressed with the new monitor, and the picture quality is crisp, and I link it to my computer using the DVI port.

One of the reasons I purchased this was to be able to watch TV on the monitor, since it supports that. However, after setting it up, I realized that it does not have an analogue input for TV - from a coaxial cable that we use at our house.

I guess it supports digital (Tata Sky, Set top Box, etc.), however I'm looking for a way to link up my existing analogue co-axial cable to the television through a converter if possible.

Could someone guide me on to which converter I would need to plug in my analogue cable? The analogue co-ax cable is a single white colored wire. Is there any cable converter that would allow the signal to be spliced and feed to the new monitor?

Following are the inputs to the monitor:

Analog RGB, DVI, HDMI, Component Video Signals
Separate H/V, Composite Sync Signals
D-sub, DVI-D, HDMI, Component, Composite, Optical Out, Audio In, Headphone Out

Thanks!

khmadhu

change is constant!!
You need a Tv tuner card for PC.

Whats your specific requirement.? just watching Tv or watching +recording..?
And What is u r budget if u want to buy Tv Tuner..?

Tech&ME

Banned
The simplest way to do it would be to use an old VCR !!

Use your old VCR to connect the coaxial to RF IN and the RCA cable (Red White Yellow) to monitor.

OR

Purchase a RF Modulator (I don't know where in India you can get this!!)

RF Signal Modulator TV Video & Audio Converter Adapter with S-Video Connection

Hope this helps you.

Top Bottom