Connecting to the Internet using a cell phone as a MODEM!??

nilanjann

Right off the assembly line
I want to connect to the Internet on my PC (Windows XP) suing my Cell phone as a modem. I have a USB cable with which I can connect the cell to the PC. Then How do I proceed? I have a Vodaphone Connection(Prepaid), and a I Ball (Thin-QWERTY) Cell phone with GPRS .
Please help!

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
First make sure you have internet working on your prepaid vodafone connection. That is check whether GPRS is activated or not. If not, contact to customer care for its settings. After getting the settings, connect your cell phone with the USB cable to PC. Most of cell phones come with their PC suites in CD package given along with the cell phone. (I don't know about your cell phone and which will suit your needs. You will need to install that software on your PC.) When PC will show cell phone connection in your PC, search for options for connecting to the Internet.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Most importantly, make sure you activate an internet pack. Something small like Rs10 for 1 day/100mb etc.
Otherwise you may get a huge deduction in your balance.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Voda live cant be used in desktop. The www acess point can only be used. For it to work without balance reduction you have to recharge with rs.98 net pack.

Top Bottom