connecting my pc and laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adit_sen

In the zone
hey gyus...
i dunno if this has been asked b4, but the everytime i searched, i got some error...so here goes

i have a home pc, and a laptop. now i wanna transfer all data from the pc to the laptop. wats the best way to go about it? both are equipped with LAN cards, so is there a way i can connect just both of them using LAN? or what would be a better alternative? pls lemme kno, cuz i hafta transfer around 25GB of data...

thankx

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
LAN would be a good choice for conectivity. Just ask your local computer walla for a piece of cable to connect two NIC cards.
U could also try a usb-to-usb networking.

Or, u could use a >=512B pen drive to transfer the files between pc and laptop. But this will require you to break the file(s) into 512mb chunks using winrar or winzip or something like that.

digen

Youngling
You dont need a hub/switch if its just 2 computers.
Just get a UTP CAT5 Crossover cable of appropriate length & connect the two_Oh you would also need RJ45[Registered Jack] connectors at both the ends.

As far setting the software settings,search for the same under the Tutorials section.There is a guide to setting up a LAN for 2 hosts.

vswizard

Broken In
Another Option cud be to Borrow a Harddisk Casing
from ur vendor or ur friend if any has it.

That will allow u to attach your PC harddisk to the
USB port of ur laptop and it will give u better
transfer speed that anything else..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom