Connecting Monitor and keyboard to Laptop

Baker

Albicelestes
Guys

am using 4 year old lenovo laptp , but now the LCD started flickering and it need to change. service center telling , need to replace both lcd and cable and it will cost some where around 10k.

so i am thinking of buying a good monitor and keyboard , to get things work.

questions
1:Can it be done...?
2:is there any setting i need to change in OS , so that i can close the laptop and use external monitor and keyboard,,,?
3:please suggest me a good monitor [21inches]

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
questions
2:is there any setting i need to change in OS , so that i can close the laptop and use external monitor and keyboard,,,?

1. Yes, usa vga port of the laptop to connect to the external monitor
2. right click on desktop -> select screen resolution -> select the monitor in Display. connect the keyboard through usb port.
3. Dell S2240L

$hadow

Geek in making
Does your laptop has hdmi port?
If yes than buying 21 inch display is a good option but if not than I don't think 21 inch or so is a good monitor considering you are going to use it with vga port.
And the procedure for connecting is given above

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
well it dont have hdmi port , but i am thinking of 21inch because. laptop is quite old and i may planned to buy a desktop in 6-8 months so this 21 inch can be quite useful that time

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Guys

am using 4 year old lenovo laptp , but now the LCD started flickering and it need to change. service center telling , need to replace both lcd and cable and it will cost some where around 10k.

so i am thinking of buying a good monitor and keyboard , to get things work.

questions

I think it would be worth a try to try and replace the laptop's LCD and the cable yourself (if you can handle a screwdriver). Around a year back, somehow my laptop's LCD got damaged. When I visited the Dell Authorised Service Center, they quoted me a 7K for replacing LCD. The same original LCD (manufactured by LG) cost me 3.5K from www.pctech.co.in, and replacing the LCD was just an hour's work.
As for the monitor, you can get any good ~22 inch 1080p LED monitor in around 8K (+-1K), and connecting it with a regular VGA won't have any issues, as VGA supports a resolution beyond that. I've used my 22" LED monitor with both the VGA cable as well as the HDMI cable along with the computer and the laptop without any issues.
As for the keyboard, you can check out some wireless ones from Logitech or Microsoft under 1K.

Top Bottom