Confusion of processor and MB

Jaskaran

Broken In
Hi.
I want to buy a new cpu. I already decided my graphics card and ran but failing to decide MB and processor.
My budget-
MB- Rs.10000 or a little more.
PRO- Rs. 12000 or a little more.
I chose my motherboard as ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard and want to buy it.
I wanted to buy AMD 3.3 GHz AM3 FX6100 as processor but I learnt that the motherboard I chose doesn't support amd.
So I chose Intel 3.3 GHz LGA 1155 Core i5-2500 as processor but it's quad core.

So my question, will there be a lot of performance difference between amd 6 cored and Intel 4 cored?
It's there a similar alternative good motherboard that can support the amd processor I chose? Or is the Intel processor fine?
Are there any other good alternatives?
thanks.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Hi.
I want to buy a new cpu. I already decided my graphics card and ran but failing to decide MB and processor.
My budget-
MB- Rs.10000 or a little more.
PRO- Rs. 12000 or a little more.
I chose my motherboard as ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard and want to buy it.
I wanted to buy AMD 3.3 GHz AM3 FX6100 as processor but I learnt that the motherboard I chose doesn't support amd.
So I chose Intel 3.3 GHz LGA 1155 Core i5-2500 as processor but it's quad core.

So my question, will there be a lot of performance difference between amd 6 cored and Intel 4 cored?
It's there a similar alternative good motherboard that can support the amd processor I chose? Or is the Intel processor fine?
Are there any other good alternatives?
thanks.

Go through below link to get an idea on CPU / Motherboard combination and make a decision.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/150570-intel-lga-1155-motherboard-thread.html

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check the socket name of the processor. Then look for the motherboards having that socket.

That's the way you go.

Top Bottom