Confused regarding connecting Ainol Venus Tablet to Monitor

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Friends,

I have a Samsung SyncMasterB2230 which does not have an HDMI port. So i have found the following item HDMI male to DVI-D male cable which can connect from HDMI port on my tab to my monitor. Some questions

1) The DVI-D port is the one with 8 *3 = 24 holes at the back of my monitor rite?. Cuz in the picture given in ebay page, i can see that the cable has 24 spikes and should fit that port only.

2) The Page description says "Audio will travel via coaxial / optical since HDMI to DVI only carries video". So this means i can hear audio via the tab rite in any case?.

I am a total noob when it comes to cables etc and hence want to confirm everything before spending 300 rs on this cable.

HDMI male to DVI-D male Dual Link 1.5 M Cable LCD Plasma DVD XBox PS3 Blueray | eBay

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
HDMI to DVI cable will work. Instead of a cable I'm using HDMI-DVI adapter to connect my PC DVI to the HDMI input of TV (my mobo has hdmi out, but I found the dvi-hdmi adapter eliminates screen flickering so using it). It is a misconception that DVI supports only video. Recently I tried the DVI out of my nVidia GT520 GPU and to my surprise the DVI can send audio including 7.1 DTS HDMA and DD TruHD. However, the dvi out of my mobo does not support audio.

OP
srkmish

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
HDMI to DVI cable will work. Instead of a cable I'm using HDMI-DVI adapter to connect my PC DVI to the HDMI input of TV (my mobo has hdmi out, but I found the dvi-hdmi adapter eliminates screen flickering so using it). It is a misconception that DVI supports only video. Recently I tried the DVI out of my nVidia GT520 GPU and to my surprise the DVI can send audio including 7.1 DTS HDMA and DD TruHD. However, the dvi out of my mobo does not support audio.

Thanks for the confirmation. But you mentioned adapter prevents screen flickering , so is to be assumed that screen flickering will be there while using cable?

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
It is not exactly flickering, but once in a while the screen may go blank for a second when I used the hdmi out of pc to connect to tv. After I used dvi, I have never experienced the balck out. I have this problem only when hdmi is connected to the pc, while using dth box, blu-ray player etc. there is no blanking.

Top Bottom