Confused-Phone for dad @15k

doom2010

Journeyman
i know it bro... but do you know what is the difference between all of those ? at the very basic ips,Slcd,SLcd2 all are variants of LCD which differ with improvements caused due to improvements in technology, and variations in implementation techniques/technology ? AmolEd , super amoled , super amoled plus etc all are variants of OLED and each next generation OLEd better than the previous generation.. what you are talking about is the base level of technology .. Oled can't match the whites of LCD and Lcd can't match the blacks of OLED due to the inherent basic nature of the screens.. LCD cannot work without without backlight because it cannot produce its own light. and blocks white backlight to display black which consumes more energy to block out white colour , whereas oleds can simply turn pixels off and will always be ahead of LCD due to the basic nature of technology and thus enjoying better Power consumption in blacks and colored images and thus overall better than LCD .. in whites LCD will be ahead

straight from wikipedia

"While an OLED will consume around 40% of the power of an LCD displaying an image that is primarily black, for the majority of images it will consume 60–80% of the power of an LCD. However, an OLED can use more than three times as much power to display an image with a white background"

they both can improve and reduce the power consumption in their weak areas. in order for a fair comparison one needs to compare 2 different technology at the same time period .. the article i mentioned above compares SLCD and IPS based tft LCD in comparison To super amoled and in both cases it has much better power consumption in black and normal scenarios except whites .. secondly ips consumes more power than the old tn based tft lcd ..

but since you specifically asked not to compare newer one i compared old one for you and showed you proof with articles and links .. its ok if you don't want to pay 100 $ , it was just a poke, i never expected it lol .. but just for the sake of defending your 100 $ stand please don't get personal and please look and understand what i or articles are saying.. i am not asking you 100 $ :) but request you to not overlook .. if you find any factual error in what i posted or linked please do let me know i would be more eager than you to correct myself ,

thanks

+1 for that

[MENTION=273585]kapiljhajhria[/MENTION] can u give us some reliable link where it says IPS LCD are more battery saver than AMOLED display in overall condition?

Sorry for OT we are bit off topic
It is best if you wait for Nokia 730 or moto g2 (though it has 5 inch screen) if it is properly priced.

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
Check out Samsung galaxy s4 mini

it has the light sensor as compared to other Samsung devices

has a great camera

dual sim

but only thing to compromise is small screen and low resolution

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
If you use only. Black themes and use black backgrounds everywhere the. Amoleds consumes relatively less battery but even then they consume much more battery then any other screen. From galaxy s4 onwards they made some optimization anf ut became a bit battery friendly. With S5 its a giant leap. (No personal experience with s5 as of yet) will be buying S5 or S5 prime and find out then. Amoled are much better display according to me. No other manufacturer uses amoled only samsung does. Samsung is having tough time selling their display technology. As of now only samsung uses it or maybe one or two more companies. But that too not on very large scale. Whereas sony, htc, motorola, lg etc they mostly use same technology. Not all of those uses exactly same but other's are used by much more companies than amoled's.

what?? :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

+1 for that

[MENTION=273585]kapiljhajhria[/MENTION] can u give us some reliable link where it says IPS LCD are more battery saver than AMOLED display in overall condition?

Sorry for OT we are bit off topic
It is best if you wait for Nokia 730 or moto g2 (though it has 5 inch screen) if it is properly priced.

^^totally agree,lumia 730 and moto g2(leaked specs) are better than mi3 and all those gimmicky phones and have better battery life
the 730 is an upgrade over the 720(obviously) and i have not seen a phone with better battery life yet
the moto g is not far behind and has great battery life for an android phone
my friends mi3 gave him terrible battery life for the 10 days that he had it before selling it for 2k less and getting a moto g with student discount off flipkart,hes much happier with the moto

- - - Updated - - -

Check out Samsung galaxy s4 mini

it has the light sensor as compared to other Samsung devices

has a great camera

dual sim

but only thing to compromise is small screen and low resolution

worth checking but samsung phones lag thanks to touchwiz
a stock android phone or a lumia are better choices unless ops willing to change the rom or something(not worth it since its for his dad and he ll want a "piece of mind" phone

- - - Updated - - -

even zenfone is worth considering but my personal opinion is the 730 which will release soon because UI etc are much better for older people
even my grandad and parents got accustomed to windows phone easily,my dad however switched to android because of a few apps for his business which were only available on android but he still keeps his 720 with him with another sim

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks guys for all suggestions...Got LG L90 for dad

Things I considered ..
needed 4.5-4.7 incher (All 5 inch mobile rejected)
Need reliable service centers (Xiomi rejected )
Need good cam (Moto G rejected)
Needed dual sim (Nokia 625 and Sony xperia SP rejected)
Asus zenphone 5 not found in shops

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Congo..Finally my suggestion worked :lol:

no thanks please...

ahh well i was about to thank you by sending you pm for money transfer details

but then you said

"No thanks please" :cool:

congrats [MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] :doublethumb:

Last edited:
Top Bottom