confused in Upgrading my Graphic Card!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan4pal

Pain is Forever
Hi!! Frnds just want a little help from u......and know u p'ple will solve it....i want to upgrade my graphic card from NVIDIA 6200TC to NVIDIA 7600 GT......but only thing i dont know is PCI-E 16x:confused:.....My System confg is:

ASUS P5GL-MX with Intel 915GL, 3.4ghz.
512MB RAM, Expansion Slot-PCI Express x16 x 1 • PCI x 3,
RAM Speed-400mhz - 333mhz

I like to play games but there are certain game that do not work
for example: if i increase game graphic settings it becomes slow......so i want all ur help from A to Z..plz help me.......:(......any advice about Graphic card

Phalanx

Broken In
Get the 8600GT instead...Its slightly better than 7600GT and has DirectX 10 support... Moreover the price difference betwwen the two is minimal... 7600GT costs 6.5K and 8600GT is priced @7K...With this card you will be able to play all the current games like Oblivion and STALKER at (more than) decent res and settings...:) Also you can enjoy the older games like FarCry, HL2, FEAR etc at very high settings... I play all these games @ 1440*900 res with this card...As far as the upcoming games like Crysis and Bioshock are concerned, u will surely be able to play them but the res and setting will also depend on the rest of your system ( CPU and RAM mainly)...
At this price point this is the best bet... But if u can afford to shell more money then 8800GTS 320MB is the card u should go for... It costs about 17.5 K but is the best value for money,even more than 8600GT...
In the end whatever card you decide to purchase, I would suggest you to go for XFX products since they are of very high quality...

As far as PCI Express is concerned, read this *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI-E

OP
rohan4pal

rohan4pal

Pain is Forever
Phalanx said:
Get the 8600GT instead...Its slightly better than 7600GT and has DirectX 10 support... Moreover the price difference betwwen the two is minimal... 7600GT costs 6.5K and 8600GT is priced @7K...With this card you will be able to play all the current games like Oblivion and STALKER at (more than) decent res and settings...:) Also you can enjoy the older games like FarCry, HL2, FEAR etc at very high settings... I play all these games @ 1440*900 res with this card...As far as the upcoming games like Crysis and Bioshock are concerned, u will surely be able to play them but the res and setting will also depend on the rest of your system ( CPU and RAM mainly)...
At this price point this is the best bet... But if u can afford to shell more money then 8800GTS 320MB is the card u should go for... It costs about 17.5 K but is the best value for money,even more than 8600GT...
In the end whatever card you decide to purchase, I would suggest you to go for XFX products since they are of very high quality...

As far as PCI Express is concerned, read this *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI-E

thanx bro this advice was helpful for me but going for 8800GTS hmmm....bit difficult as my budget is tight so 7600GT and 8600GT are the best option for now........thanx god bless u......:)

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
And to add XFX 8600GT Overclocks like a dream. Almost exactly 30% more with Stock Cooling , with out any artifacts showing up even after 6 hrs of play.
Still i wish 8600GT cards could have 12+V rail connected to it like 6600GT. The over clocking options are really limited when you dont have extra power to the card.
But still 8600 GT is the best Bet.
I dont know why some guys would suggest 8800GTS to people ,to buy it with the money that they dont havein first place , but if you consider me, 8600GT is the best value for money right now if you want to just squeeze yourself into the world of Gaming comforably.
ATI 's Radeon Comparable HD 2600 Pro lags behind 8600GT in performance.
And right now they cost just as much as nvidia equivalent 8600GT.
Hmm only thing is after buying all the arsenals where does one get the Games to play those.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom