Confused in a situation,Please help me out of this............

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
I own a January 2013 S3 32GB white, with 2 Yrs warranty plan.

Listed it on Quikr just for the sake of it,and I wished to know the resale value of my mobile..In the hindsight,I sold my dad's S3 16GB for 16k on Quikr just a few days back!!
What surprised me was that numerous people were calling and were ready to shell out my demanded money.Here are a few details:-
1.Model-Samsung Galaxy S3 32GB with 2 Yr warranty plan.
2.Price Samsung Stores of Patna & Ranchi were quoting for BuyBack-Rs.10,000
3.Price of S4 after this buyback-Rs.31,500(this was the reason I never felt the itch to upgrade :p )

4.Price I quoted on Quikr-Rs.19,000 (As advised by their MSP scheme)

Currently 3 people are in line for the Handset. If I sell it for 19k and add another 9k,I can get GS4 from Flipkart.

Now comes the dilemma,What should I do.....Is GS4 worthy of the 9k additional amount at this stage,when its 1 yr old flagship......Will my GS3 with its hardware be lagfree for next 3 yrs??
I have asked a few other owners,including our friend at TDF "$hadow"-most of them have advised me against selling my GS3,but at 19k,its becoming too difficult to resist the offer.

Please Help.

If u have money & are willing to spend, S4 is a worthy upgrade over S3

S4 available @ 29k makes it irresistible, I know........ Get it !!!

Maniacalgeek

Right off the assembly line
Will my GS3 with its hardware be lagfree for next 3 yrs??
I have asked a few other owners,including our friend at TDF "$hadow"-most of them have advised me against selling my GS3,but at 19k,its becoming too difficult to resist the offer.

Please Help.
First question:Depends upon your usage.If you throw some latest games or even some heavy application,you will definitely see the slowdown.And if you are a kind of person who likes to play some light games,watch some videos,surf the internet,the phone should last sometime.And if you ask me about S4 even I would suggest you to not to go for it.Simply because of of its heating and slowdown issue.If you can tolerate nexus 5 battery life and camera,its a great option

First question:Depends upon your usage.If you throw some latest games or even some heavy application,you will definitely see the slowdown.And if you are a kind of person who likes to play some light games,watch some videos,surf the internet,the phone should last sometime.And if you ask me about S4 even I would suggest you to not to go for it.Simply because of of its heating and slowdown issue.If you can tolerate nexus 5 battery life and camera,its a great option

Moving from S3 to N5, you'll seriously notice the difference in battery life, even though Samsung phones drain a lot of battery while on stand by compared to N5 though

Personally I would never buy a Nexus phone again, unless Google changes some of its policies & some more optimizations are needed......

jonty

Right off the assembly line
the price you are getting after selling it is quite good...but your idea of buying gs4 makes me ask a question..do you really need it???
moreover, electronics is a game of luck...suppose your s3 is in a fine condition and you sell it and buy a s4 and it turns out to be a faulty piece then...i've suffered this problem, so telling from experience....If your s3 has some faults in it then its alright to sell the device...moreover there is one more problem- i sold a galaxy grand quattro to a person...after 3 months of sale the phone got dead so he took it to service center...the bill was in my name so i started getting calls from the service center and from the person(some people are idiot)...i was unlucky but this is a rare case.
so its your choice at last...

Top Bottom