Confused between hp envy and dell xps

ohm.patel1

Journeyman
I am really confused which to buy-
1. Hp envy 15-3017tx - 76k
2. Dell xps 15 - 75k (customized)

The differences....
1. Hp has 8 cell battery whereas dell 6 cell battery.
2. Hp has amd mobility radeon 7690M(1gb) whereas dell has nvidia gt 540M(2gb)
3. Dell has a better speakers.
4. Hp is more light and slim than dell.
5. Dell has i7-2760qm(2.40ghz, turbo boost upto 3.50ghz) whereas hp has i7-2670qm(2.20ghz, turbo boost upto 3.10ghz).
6. Hp has very small arrow keys as compared to dell.
7. Hp has very sticky keys(in engadget) which are uncomfortable to type.
8. Am getting free goodies (Bag, bluetooth mouse and bluetooth headset) with dell whereas only bag with hp.

Please help me out i have to buy a laptop ASAP.

OP
O

ohm.patel1

Journeyman
hp HP Envy 15-3017Tx Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

dell (customized so cant post exactly but posting nearest) Dell XPS 2nd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 750GB/ W7P/2 GB Dedicated Graphics (Anodized Aluminium): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Dell Notebook

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I actually find the keyboard on the new xps significantly inferior to the hp chicklet keyboard, when it comes to typing. But yeah, the hp has half-sized up & down arrow keys.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
You know the pros and cons of the two machines. Now its up to you to decide. Only you know your preferences, usage, style etc.
Better speakers Vs Portability
Better GPU Vs better CPU
etc

OP
O

ohm.patel1

Journeyman
You know the pros and cons of the two machines. Now its up to you to decide. Only you know your preferences, usage, style etc.
Better speakers Vs Portability
Better GPU Vs better CPU
etc

I would be carrying the laptop a bit. Will do casual gaming but good games. I will do a lot of ics programming. Would be watching movies a lot. So please suggest me and also 6gb or 8 gb ram....

aroraanant

Explorer
If you will be carrying it more then I think you should concentrate on the portability.And also the battery back up will matter a lot in this case.
Apart from that I have used XPS a lot and its a great laptop, I have never seen its user complaining about anything, on the other hand I don't have any experience of Envy so can't comment on that

OP
O

ohm.patel1

Journeyman
Thanks dashing.sujay. I have decided and am going to buy a hp envy 15.

I will soon post a review.....

Last edited:
OP
O

ohm.patel1

Journeyman
Ya probably it has. But i haven't

Source:
Comment on flipkrt of saying something of upgradable display.

Ps: for 77k they should have given full hd.

Top Bottom