conflict between ASUS A8N SLI DELUXE & CREATIVE SBLIVE 24Bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sourabh

Laptoping
If you are using a PCI sound card, any brand that needs an IRQ, make sure you put the card in PCI slot 2.

This is especially true if you are running two graphics cards in SLI mode.

You cannot use the other PCI slots because 1 and 3 share interrupts with the PCIe graphics card slots.

The ASUS user guide (pg 2-25 ... or thereabouts) illustrates PCI slot 1 sharing interrupts with PCIe graphics slot 1 (blue); but what it does NOT show is that PCI slot 3 shares interrupts with PCIe graphics slot 2 (black).

so now try again to move the card to pci slot 2

reset the bios to default settings and chillax and start it all over again after a nice clean sleep tommo morning

this has been a known issue with the a8n SLI deluxe

have u flashed the bios to the latest version of it from here

OP
S

stalin

Journeyman
Dear Sourabh, As you say i tried with slot 2. WinXP automatically install driver for SB Live then ask me to restart when it enter in to desktop system hangs. I kept for 1 hours but sorry buddy it is not working. I remove the SB card is work perfectly.

theraven

Technomancer
ok my bad .. it was the K8V motherboard not the A8n... sorry again
heres the link i was talkin abt anyways
*forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=44887&highlight=promise+controller

Sourabh

Laptoping
stalin said:
Dear Sourabh, As you say i tried with slot 2. WinXP automatically install driver for SB Live then ask me to restart when it enter in to desktop system hangs. I kept for 1 hours but sorry buddy it is not working. I remove the SB card is work perfectly.

well dude, the only way u can run the card is on slot 2

dun let windows install its own drivers

install the new drivers from the creative website or the CD bundled with it

if the system hangs thats an different issue which can be found a solution to

put the card back on slot 2 and try things

thats the only way out

for now, completely uninstall the card from device manager, so as to remove the windows drivers with the card and then restart to manually install the drivers

post back again abt ur findings

OP
S

stalin

Journeyman
Yes I tried in PCI Slot 2. Everything went smoothly but when i restart the system, my network is not working. I'm not able to view the network connection. Sound is not playing. In Control Panel, Sound and Audio Device, in Audio Device, Creative Sound Card is not highlighted as Sound Device. when I remove the SB Live Card my my system and restarted my network work automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom