conflict between ASUS A8N SLI DELUXE & CREATIVE SBLIVE 24Bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

stalin

Journeyman

Dear Sir,

I’m Stalin From Chennai, Working as a Graphic Designer. I Bought the New system as you said in Previous Issue Feb 2005 about AMD 64 Bit Processor. My system conflict when I installed Creative SoundBlaster Live 24 Bit.

My PC Configuration is WinXP with SP2, AMD Athlon 64 3000+, ASUS A8N SLI DELUX Motherboard, 1GB RAM (512MB 2 No), 2 Hard disk, 80GB SATA and Ordinary 80GB Seagate, ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 6200 TurboCache Display Card, Samsung SyncMaster 763MB, ASUS CD Write and ASUS 16X DVD Rom, Bluetooth USB, Frontech Smartpen USB, Microsoft Optical PS2 Mouse, TVS Gold PS2 Keyboard. The A8N Motherboard comes with onboard Realtek ALC850 8-Channel Codec Audio. I tried to disable Realtek Audio in CMOS and tried to install Creative SoundBlaster Live 24Bit. It successfully installed but when I restart system hangs with it comes to desktop. I tried in the 3 available PCI Slot same thing happen again. When the Creative Card is remove system work smoothly. How do I Install Creative SoundBlaster.
Waiting for you solution. Reply as soon as possible.

Thanking you

With Regards
STALIN

prathap_lab

Journeyman
hi,
Welcome To The DIGIT Forum. :)

this may be the reson for the problem.

Asus A8N SLI DELUX motherboard has PCI-express Slots, but Creative SoundBlaster Live 24bit is a PCI card (not a PCI-express card).

PCI-X or PCI-express does not support PCI cards.

thank you.

Deep

Version 2.0
Hi stalin,
Welcome to the forums :)
You had posted the same question previously also, since prathap_lab has replied here with the solution so I have closed your old thread.

Please take care from next time.
Regards
Deep

OP
S

stalin

Journeyman
It has 3 PCI slot and 4 PCI-E Slot. I install Creative SB Card in PCI slot. Disabled Audio, Game Port, Midi Port, Marvell Network Port, IEEE Port then install WinXp in New Partiation But it restart before completing installing XP

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
prathap_lab said:
hi,
Welcome To The DIGIT Forum. :)

this may be the reson for the problem.

Asus A8N SLI DELUX motherboard has PCI-express Slots, but Creative SoundBlaster Live 24bit is a PCI card (not a PCI-express card).

PCI-X or PCI-express does not support PCI cards.

thank you.

what ? come on the mobo also has normal pci slots so i dont think any one can force a pci card into a pcie slot. A real DUMB ans i would say.

Ok i too had this problem when i used my sblive card on my p4p800-vm board in fact i got the BSOD twice So what i did was that in the bios say plug and play OS ->NO this will now allot the irq rather than wait for the OS to do the same try this it worked for me.

OP
S

stalin

Journeyman
I never install in PCI-E slot. SB Live card never goes into PCI-E SLot. Both are totally look different.

OP
S

stalin

Journeyman
The MB Manuals says:-
When using PCI Cards on shared slots, ensure that the drivers support “Share IRQ� or that the cards do not need IRQ assignments. Otherwise, conflicts will arise between the two PCI Groups, Making the system unstable and the card inoperable.

OP
S

stalin

Journeyman
so what do you want me to do. there are IRQ from 3 to 15 in CMOS I tried to assign 1 by 1 and tried. system restarting everytime.

theraven

Technomancer
are u using the sata raid ??
if yes then afaik that mobo comes with 2 sata raid controllers
that is a promise and a silicon controller
if u have the sata raid on the promise controller move it to the silicon controller
that should fix the problem

prathap_lab

Journeyman
hi,
sorry every one. :oops:

@stalin & pradeep_chauhan, sorry i missed out "3xPCI" in ASUS website. so i thought it may not have one.

sorry once again. :oops:

thank you.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
theraven said:
are u using the sata raid ??
if yes then afaik that mobo comes with 2 sata raid controllers
that is a promise and a silicon controller
if u have the sata raid on the promise controller move it to the silicon controller
that should fix the problem

What Promise controller ? Come , the board has the nforce 4 chipset that itself gives 4 sata 2 ports and an additional Silicon Image SATA 3114 controller. Any way thats not the problem.
See the thing is that the sb live card requires an irq (shared not dedicated for its functioning this irq enables the card to do dma and other interrupt driven tasks so now the problem is its not able to get the irq it needs thus the problem. Please wait i have started downloading the manual i will come back to you.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Ok i got the manual pl see page 4-22/23 go to advance setup and say
plug n play O/S No
Resource Controlled by Auto

Disable the on board sound and thats it i think it should work.
by the way page 2-15 gives the IRQ distribution pl dont change anything use default values as given in the chart.

theraven

Technomancer
there was a reported problem
yes it has 4 sata ports
2 different controllers
promise and silicon
promise controller has a problem with creative soudn card
its a reported problem
but thats IF hes usin that port
theres no harm in tryin right ?

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
No there is no promise controller The nvidia nforce 4 provides 4 native sata 2 ports and the other 4 are from the si 3114R. Where are you getting the promise controller from?

OP
S

stalin

Journeyman
I tried my best, still it is not working. Tell me which one is Best, Onboard Realtek Audio with 8 Channel nor SB Live. I lost my hope in SB Live Now.

OP
S

stalin

Journeyman
I have the manual, did as you say b4 by advance setting, disable onboard audio but it is not work. Then I tried manualy changing the IRQ from 3 to 15 no use. SBLive Card works properly in
AMD 2400+ XP and A7N266 MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom