Configuring internet Ubuntu 9.04?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krow

Crowman
I am using Ubuntu 9.04 32-bit for the past few months on and off. Till now I have not succeeded in configuring my internet. I have cablenet, directly connected to mobo(RJ-45). It is not always on, but activates with username - password. I have to connect everytime i boot. I am thoroughly confused with the method of configuring net.

I right clickd on the network manager icon and tried static connection and manually entered my ip and gateway and subnet mask(is it needed?). Th connection was established, but Firefox couldn't connect to any website.

Someone please guide me in the right direction. I use Gigabyte GA-MA-790GP-UD4H and in XP I only install the Gigabit ethernet driver (realtek 8111 i think). Then the connection setup is pretty straightforward. Network Connections>Make new conn>Connect to internet>broadband conn with username password>Setup manually>next>finish.

Thank you for your time. :)

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
Found the solution! ***********NOOB ALERT***************

Missed my DNS server address. :oops:

***********NOOBER DIES****************

Posting from Jaunty now. :D
I like this interface... Way more polished than XP/Vista! :razz:

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
^^LoL It was easy
U should've created a dial up
Rest settings I hope it would've taken itself if ur connection is wired into ur PC :D :D
BTW still n1 :D :D

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
Yup jaunty running awesome, except for desktop effects which I believe I don't need. Using KDE 4.2 + Jaunty = Kubuntu now. Also, in Jaunty now, the connection is always on. That's so much better as there is hardly any threat of a virus in linux. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom