Configuration for my CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

uminvincible

Right off the assembly line
Hi Everyone,

I have decided to upgrade my CPU (Processor + Motherboard + RAM + HDD). I have a range of 20,000 Rs. (Around not exact. Can go up for a good reason.) to 25,000 Rs.

My Main motive is using Fedora 10 (GUI) on it without any problems. My Current CPU Configuration is as follows:

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 (Prescott) 2.89 Ghz with HT
Motherboard: Intel D865GBF.
RAM 512 MB DDR400
HDD: Seagate SATA 250 GB.
Graphics Card: Absent.

If using my current configuration with some changes as extending RAM and adding a graphics card can help then that is preferable as it can save me bucks.

I would like to get advised on this topic as I am not as techy as you people are.

If in case you suggest me to get a new CPU then please mention its configuration. I will be using it for building WEB Application on FEDORA 10. This is all.

I will be waiting for your replies. Thank you very much and honestly speaking you guys rock. I haven't seen such "Technicality" anywhere.

Keep it up guys. May be someday I will be as Technology conscious as you are currently.

Enjoy....

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
*www.smileyhut.com/redsquares/funnyeye.gif
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
O o ,

AMD phenom 2 920 2.8Ghz

Asus M3A78-EM mobo

Palit geforce 9600GT --> this is Nvidia card

RAM - transcend 2 X 2GB 800 Mhz = 4GB

Seagate 500GB sata

Its totally 25500/- its all settled

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
LOL, fedora 10 good even on your current config, increase RAM, you can easily go upto 2GB on that board you got there.

addup a low end gfx card if you want to, running high def is not will require little better stuff there. you have correct conception there in upgrading this stuff.

for your reqs, certainly a quadcore and a similar sys is good. so damngoodman999's config is good,

lowering your budget I will say Phenom 2 X3 720BE or 710, for this proccy you will have to wait which I think you can do easily. Has 3 cores, do not know prices here or availability, so you will have to wait(price around 6-8K)
going more lower is Athlon 64 X2 7750+ available in the market and priced 3.5K

Reading above config, I thought something is missing, the config will cost little more, then I realized he has missed a good PSU, bro I really say do not go for cheap PSU you can manage up in having lesser priced and good proccy in your budget but not a PSU, all good PSUs are priced similar nearby.

So if you are spending all your bucks maybe upto 20-25K go for a mid-priced proccy like intel E7400 or amd X3 2 710/720 in budget of 6K a good mobo spending around 6K, you have quiet good choices available in MSI P45 Neo and many og Gigabyte mobos for intel,

same for amd with 780G and 790FX chipset mobos from Gigabyte and Asus

keep budget of 3K for PSU and
DDR2 RAMs are available dirt cheap, you get single sticks of 2GB in 1250 bucks

do not think anything other than 9600GT if you do not wanna increase your budget. Palit 9600GT Sonic edition is good choice.
and you keep your budget proper 6 + 6 + 3 + 2.5 + 6 = 24.5 + taxes

Last edited:
OP
U

uminvincible

Right off the assembly line
Thank you very much people. I greatly appreciate you advice. I had not expected so quick an answer but you guys are seriously awesome.

The option of upgrading the whole CPU came from the fact that my Board only supports DDR Series RAM. So I thought If the need requires me to get a new System then Instead of doing it then Let me do it now.

Regarding PSU, I will give a search on Google as I do not know that is PSU. But I Know I will never be able to Acquire the Knowledge you people have and will have myself confused. But let me give a try and till then if you feel like writing or redirecting me to some post I would be grateful to you guys.

Thank you anyways I highly appreciate you all dear....

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
SMPS or the power supply unit(PSU).
its ok if your mobo supports on DDR RAM, we get 1GB sticks of DDR 400 FSB, buy two sticks and replace them for you 512 MB or just buy 1 stick and make 1.5GB,
I am running my system on 1.5GB of DDR2 533 FSB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom