Config For Digital Photo Editing(Budget 50000 /-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
One of my friend need computer for photo editing. He has a budget of 50000.I suggested him following config.

1.Processor => Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 = 8600/-

2.MB => i) MSI 965 Neo-F = 6500/-
ii) MSI 965 Platinum =
iii) Biostar TForce 965 Deluxe =

3.RAM => Transcend 1 GB DDR2 667 MHZ = 5500/-

4.HDD => i)Seagate ST3250620AS (250 GB,7200.10,SATA II) = 4000/-
ii)Seagate (300 GB,SATA II) =

5.DVD Writer => i)LITEON SuperAll Write = 2200/-
ii)Sony DRU-830A =

6.Monitor => i)Samsung Sync Master 740N (17" LCD) = 10600/-
ii)Viewsonic VA 1912 BW (19" Wide Screen LCD) = 13700/-

7.Graphics Card => i)Forsa GeForce 7600 GS = 5850/-
ii)XFX GeForce 7600 GS =

8.KB+Mouse => i) Microsoft Cordless = 1600/-
ii) Microsoft = 800/-

9.Cabinet => Zebronics Antibiotic = 1800/-

10.Power Supply => Zebronics Platinum 500 W = 1975/-

Please give suggestions about this config. Also should i suggest him GeForce Card or Quadro FX as he may not use it for gaming

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Go for min 2GB of ram & better if you go for

Transcend 2 GB DDR2 800 MHZ (if thats available in ur city) dont know which city you belong to

asus P5B deluxe mobo which has great over clocking capability (extra fans in the cabinet will help cooling this system)

scamper

Broken In
I would suggest a CRT monitor for Photo editing, except for high end Lacie and Eizo monitors others are not good enough for judging color.
Also a Mobo with firewire will be useful say ASUS P5B-VM ( 8200/-)

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
^^^ no idea how Firewire MOBO will be helpful in photo editing... welll i prefer LCD when comes to colors and sitting long time doing work with colors..

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
LCDs have come a long way. Modern LCD the the ones he mentioned are run with DVI port & its far better than a CRT.

You can choose between samsung 940BW & viewsonic 1912BW

C2D work better when u use dual channel ram sticks, so either go for 1+1GB ram or 512+512mb ram

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Thank you all for your valuable suggestions.

Any comments about graphics card. Will Geforce 6600 be enough ???? Sud i suggest him to buy more ram instead of 7600 GS ??????

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Yes more ram will make him run faster specially if its 800 MHZ & over clocked with asus mobo, Graphic card will not help him that much.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Who says graphics card don't play role in multimedia.This is one of the important consideration.I 'de suggest 7600 GS rather than 6600,coz its newer than 6600 & if u wanna play games (in ur spare time) u can hook on!!!
I can see the difference between the onboard display & graphics card's display on my system.Besides this a graphics card gives u better refresh rate than onboard one,its good for eyes.

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
ranjan2001 said:
Yes more ram will make him run faster specially if its 800 MHZ & over clocked with asus mobo, Graphic card will not help him that much.

as far as i know overclocking is only for gaming.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
keith_j_snyder2 said:
Who says graphics card don't play role in multimedia.
Nobody says so, then why not wait for DX10 cards (feb 1st week)& have those monsters installed in image editing rig only to find out that graphic application dont make "much use" of GPU power.

Please read he needs a Digital Photo editing machine, not a "multimedia" machine.

What I mean is that after a limit of GPU power it does not make much differnce if you go higher, it will make difference only if you game on that machine or have other applications to use that extra power.

Overclocking can be utlized for overall speed gain, not only for gaming.

magnet

Youngling
For ps stuff..gfx card and ram are more imp......

Also oc is not only for gaming..itmeans to attain gr8 speed.....in sense gettin 6300 and oc it so that u get sam speed as e6400...and so u save buks plus u get good speed.....

regardin crt/lcd its you decision..i dont think present lcd are so bad in detectin colours and all stuffs i guess (buti m not into ps stuff)....

U need good gfx card and good ram(atlest 2gb).....for fast rendering of picts.....
Also firewire one somone suggested i gues its for transfering images frm digicam/camcorder to pc....

Dont go for cordless stuff especially mouse..heard alot of ppl sayin it drains battery and also sometimes if any leakage occurs....service centre refuseto change them sayin u spill water on it and all bs....get a good wiredone

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
guys u are taking him out of way... he needs a machine for photo editing and not proper multimedia.... photo editing means photoshop and it consumes CPU and Ram... Graphic card is nothing to do with a photo editing software...

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
ajayashish said:
Graphic card is nothing to do with a photo editing software...
No thats not true, graphic card will surely improve the photoshop performance but you wont make much use of high end graphic cards.

When you use brush tools in photoshop each stroke uses GPU power to display the effect, now u may retouch something at 400% there u need more power of gpu but as I said earlier buying high end gaming cards for photoshop is not required. Same for the filters effect in the filter browser CS2

Most card 256 mb dvi port capable will do the job well.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
well i run a designing firm and i have machine with onboard 6100 nvidia and also machines which are used for 3D max renders with high Speed and graphics...

i don;t see any change in pshop in both of them... so i am sure it will not... working at high resolution will need more CPU power and ram...

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
I don't think so.Guys u know if there is any graphical stuff running on PC,the processor gets the load for rendering,but if u have a decent graphics card then it will take all the graphical load on it because graphics card is itself a processor but for a different purpose.As few of guys mentioned high graphics rendering.

And as ranjan 2001 mentioned,hello...wake up buddy...DX 10 is out by nVidia "8800 GTX & GTS".And if u r telling that Ati will feast the beast then u r wrong.ATi will also have the kick A** card with DX 10 & it will not cost less.I m damm sure that card will cost more than $400!!!U r saying DX10 series low end edition,for that my brother nVidia is working on G84 chip which should replace 7300,7600 series & so do Ati,but first Ati needs an 8800 "KILLER" & thats what supposed to launch in second week of january.

Ch@0s

In the zone
There's no use of a video card in photoshop other than for 2D which even onboard video will do pretty well. All you need is RAM... 2GB is bare minimum if you work on large files... A C2D will do good as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom