Config for animation and vfx needs

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Both are 550 watts?

*www.digit.in/forum/cpu-motherboard...eeds-power-boot-into-windows-please-help.html

- - - Updated - - -

@mods,
This thread needs to be revived if a backup exists.

Power supply blacklist thread for newbies

- - - Updated - - -

antec VP 500 or corsair vs 550 [Solved] - Antec - Components

*forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2082749

OP
S

sntshkmr60

Broken In
Three questions:

1. If I search for GTX 750 TI, a list of Asus, Gigabyte, Zotac, EVGA appears. Which one to consider?
2. GTX 750 TI is 2 GB and Quadro 600 is 1. GTX seems more value for money. Which one to consider?
3. What are SC and OC in the name of graphics card?

Last edited:

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Both are 550 watts? So how can't they take load?

is a kaccha road and a well made concrete road the same as they both are roads?

Three questions:

1. If I search for GTX 750 TI, a list of Asus, Gigabyte, Zotac, EVGA appears. Which one to consider?
2. GTX 750 TI is 2 GB and Quadro 600 is 1. GTX seems more value for money. Which one to consider?
3. What are SC and OC in the name of graphics card?

1. ZOTAC if you need better warranty (5 years)
2. I'd say Quadro as you arent gaming.
3. Super oveclocked and over clocked.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Are Quadro 600 and Quadro K600 same?

nope

bad card choice (Quadro 600): PC Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

If you want 10 bit per channel color output to a display with a 10 bit per channel panel using Photoshop (and most other apps are going to be limited to 8 bits per channel) then a Quadro card is a good idea.

But, the Quadro 600 is a discontinued card model now (although you'll still find it in stock at many vendors).

That card has been replaced by the newer Quadro K600 (note the K prefix on it) which has 192 CUDA Cores versus the 96 CUDA cores you have on the older Quadro 600, and performs better on most benchmarks (at a virtually identical price point).

So, if you want to go with an entry level card, a Quadro K600 would be one to look at.

OP
S

sntshkmr60

Broken In
Asus M5A99FX EVO R2.0 is hardly available in stocks, M5A99FX PRO R2.0 is.

Should I go for it? I read ki EVO has some kind of 2 slots which PRO has only one. Will I need that extra slot? What that slot is actually?

You can save cash by going with Asus m5a97 evo ,it's different from m5a99fx evo,you are not going to crossfire or SLI, so why spend that much on a 990 mobo is beyond me

sinhead

Broken In
Just sharing my experience buddy, since I too have the same usage - animation, 3d Modelling.
AMD fx8350 is Loud. Rendering will make it worse. So loud, that it becomes unbearable and irritating after a while. Especially in my case since I use the PC for a minimum 8 hours each day. Later I had to spend more money to buy a cpu cooler - Cooler master hyper 212. Now the noise as well as the cpu temperature is well controlled.

But the performance is awesome. :). No complaints there.

My friend's Intel i7 (used for animation etc) is very quiet, in comparison.

OP
S

sntshkmr60

Broken In
So guys at last I have bought the config. But in place of K600 I have bought K620..

Here is the config:
AMD FX 8320
Quadro K620
Asus M5A97 R2.0

Should I buy Antec VP650 or 550 is enough? (Yes, I haven't bought power supply yet!) Power supply was not in market, so I will buy online. Was just confirming.

- - - Updated - - -

Come an guys! My powor supply is pending. I couldn't boot up my PC without that. Answer my question.

So guys at last I have bought the config. But in place of K600 I have bought K620..

Here is the config:
AMD FX 8320
Quadro K620
Asus M5A97 R2.0

Should I buy Antec VP650 or 550 is enough? (Yes, I haven't bought power supply yet!) Power supply was not in market, so I will buy online. Was just confirming.

- - - Updated - - -

Come an guys! My powor supply is pending. I couldn't boot up my PC without that. Answer my question.

550 W will be enough. Try getting Seasonic S12II if that's in your budget.

Top Bottom