[Concept UI] Windows Password Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
You can also read this on my Blog.

Windows Vista lacks a good password management application by default which all other Operating Systems provide in one form or other. Since I already have a good idea for an UI, I am presenting here a concept UI for Windows Password center.

It's a very simple application. The best password management tool available in Windows is AIroboform but it is limited to Webpages only & can't remember passwords for Windows Live Messenger or Outlook 2007 etc. Windows Password center acts as a single platform for all kind of passwords. Any application can save the password in this, & once unlocked, as long as it is not locked, anyone application can use the passwords stored.

This isn't the complete UI. Just 50% infect, but the layout is final. More info & final screen shots & UI to follow soon.

*img518.imageshack.us/img518/2627/page2ok1.jpg

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Offtopic: Imageshack blocked in my office :( .. GX One question.. doesnt your blog allow you to host your images

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Offtopic: Imageshack blocked in my office :sad: .

Uploaded on TinyPic.
It should work now
GX One question.. doesnt your blog allow you to host your images

It does, but it uploads to an Album. I like to upload on Imageshack, TinyPic instead

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You are incomprehensible.

You keep saying how Vista lacks nothing when compared to Mac OS X and yet (almost) every concept UI you have designed so far is inspired by the default applications/functionality on Mac OS X.

You are doing a good job with the designs though, so keep it up!

[There is no need for an alibi now. I just wanted to tell you that the design is good and had to post something about this trend I've observed.]

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Edit...Added some more options. Guys gimme some ideas about what should be there in a password manager. The toolbar icons are self explanatory.

arya said:
You keep saying how Vista lacks nothing when compared to Mac OS X and yet (almost) every concept UI you have designed so far is inspired by the default applications/functionality on Mac OS X.
I laugh at the limitation of your thinking. :D. Ever used keypassX or AI Roboform in Windows?. Here is the thing, these apps are free so we don't loose much. Yup, Vista Lacks a password manager by default but the job can be done using free tools, something u claim "No chance in hell" :D

I never said Mac OS X is bad, all I have said is that the back end is pathetic, Apple makes it runs only on there own hardware & hardly gives us any customisations of UI/Hardware & restricts us with limited back end based but good UI based software.

Arya, just look at the UI, it looks so cool :D

@ Charank

Imageshack hates u :p

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Ah at last im seeing the screenshot :p , good one GX ;) . Are you using visual studio 2005 for all you concept UI? How about using XAML ?

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Ah at last im seeing the screenshot :razz: , good one GX :wink: . Are you using visual studio 2005 for all you concept UI? How about using XAML ?
The real application will use .net 2005 & WPF/XAML. Right now its all Photoshop & Icon workshop.

All the icons u see in all my concept UI is already given in Windows Vista.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
gx_saurav said:
The real application will use .net 2005 & WPF/XAML. Right now its all Photoshop & Icon workshop.

All the icons u see in all my concept UI is already given in Windows Vista.

Have you tried to convert any of you concept application to real application? or has anyone implemented it yet? Now palm is itching to implement one :D

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
charangk said:
Have you tried to convert any of you concept application to real application? or has anyone implemented it yet? Now palm is itching to implement one :D
I am looking for a developer myself.

Anuj will make the Yahoo Messenger for JAVA application whose concept UI u can see on my blog. The API is already given but let him join the job first.

I mailed the author of myPhoneexplorer, & showed him Windows Mobile center UI. He said his app is made in VB 2003 so it will be hard to port to .net2005 completely in a short time. So zeeshan is making a mock application with that UI, which does nothing. FJsoft will simply slap this mock UI on top of MyPhoneExplorer

Dax pandhi, another fellow MVP & boss of nukestation software also wants to make Windows Mobile center a reality.

Windows jumptab & Windows Preview requires a serious XAML & .net 2005 developer as they rely on Windows technologies.

Password centre can be made easily. We already have KeyPass so this UI can be slapped on top of that easily.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom