computer start up problem - i5-2500k/asus z77-m pro

OP
mikeyaxe

mikeyaxe

Broken In
GUYS JUst to UPDATE on what was going wrong...

it seems i had a bent pin on my motherboard socket..and asus clearly declined to replace it..since its a physical damage..
newys i took it back from them and gave it to a friend of mine who could repair it..

Meanwhile i brought a new mobo..an exact replica of the previous one...as i had no other option..

newys thanx guys...for ur response

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ is it a cpu socket pin ??

but how adding a new gfx card bends a cpu pin ? did not you check the mobo before submitting for RMA ? there's chances that the pin got bent after submitting for RMA.

OP
mikeyaxe

mikeyaxe

Broken In
nope i didnt check it... to be true i nver even tried to notice it... while at rashi... they showed me that it had bent pins 3-4 of them...

i askd them how can adding a Gfx card..cause the pins to bend.. he said..look here it is..the pins are bent and thts y its not starting up..and keep on rebooting..

so couldnt do much..well i still am not sure of what the hell happend...
newys got d new mobo..it seems to be workin...
keeping fingers crossed of getting a LGA 1155 socket somewhere so that i could remove the damaged socket completely..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's strange ! cpu socket pin got damaged while installing gfx card - I suspect that the service center guys were not careful enough to handle the mobo or it happened when removing the cpu cooler HSF and cpu from the mobo.

Anyway, getting a replacement H2 socket is not a easy task ( service center guys may do it with additional charges ) - so you better stay happy with the new mobo or if you want to fix the old mobo try to straighten those bent pins.

iChaitanya

Journeyman
while at rashi... they showed me that it had bent pins 3-4 of them...
I smell something fishy. Adding GPU to the system has nothing to do with the bent pins of the CPU socket.

It's impossible for the CPU socket pins to bend themselves while the CPU is in place.

Moreover, I'm sick of the arrogant attitude of those Rashi guys. Dunno what they think of themselves.

OP
mikeyaxe

mikeyaxe

Broken In
ya man... evn i felt sumthing fishy... well i had no other option...
nd they do suck a lot, man...rashi service....

DarkRengin

Right off the assembly line
hey mikeyaxe, we have the same issues, i think this is rare or not! we have almost the same hardware setup but mine is i5-3570k and seasonic S12II bronze 650watts. in the igpu setup have no issue but when the gpu is installed then windows 7 is not boot at all!!! i found this problem and the true problem is not in the hardware but rather is in the bios settings for "IGPU Multi-monitor support", when you disabled it you can go boot the windows but this option is need to enabled if you wish to use the lucid logix virtu mvp. So try to disabled it in the bios then boot the windows. Alternatively when you wish to use this features then while windows starts to boot up press "End" key repeatedly then you should go to the slic menu, just choose windows7 without loaders then you should go to the windows 7 now... I think the igpu multi-monitor conflict to the slic of windows7 (correct me if i wrong!), try to update the bios of asus z77 m-pro or try other windows like xp or for me windows7 alienware have no issues on this!!! by the way this is the alternative solutions from myself and im not expert in this so im not sure if it is ok to load windows without loader but for now i try to get some info. to fix it.:-D

Top Bottom