Computer Start-Up Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
When I start my computer it takes much time to start and to load all the application on the desktop as well as system tray ,in between if I right click to refresh then it hangs.Plz help me with any sorts of configuration changes.Also when I open the task Manager it shows nearly 56 process running at the background.I think bcause of this it is happening but i donot know how to change any configuration.Plz help me.

paraman

Journeyman
Typr 'msconfig' in Start>Run. It will show you a list of programs which startup when you start the pc. Disable those that you dont need. This will give you some improvement in boot times.

sknowonweb

Journeyman
Thats it

Ya in Msconfig disable all start up files.Very essential ones will autocheck themselves when u reboot.I think only 3 of them needs to run in background.If u found any suspicious Service note their name and check for thier authenticity in web (just google em).Other services like adobe loader, office loader,real media . divx etc are unneccesary and slows down startup.

Check out pal.

paraman

Journeyman
That you will have to decide depending upon the software you have installed in your pc. Visit *netsquirrel.com/msconfig/ for more on msconfig.

nitnew

Broken In
Have you bRoadband connection. If yes then this seems to be as when your system starts it ineract with your modem to get IP. when it get IP it runs smoother.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
It'll be better if u provide the screenshot of the startup tab of msconfig, so that we can tell u which items shoud be checked and which not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom