((((((((((((((|Computer||or||Pandora's||Box?||))))))))))))))

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahulstein

Right off the assembly line
I have a computer quite old though wih the configuration
-Intel Pentium 3 596MHz
-128 mb ram
-40 gb hdd
and the folloing problems
1-slow booting when the LAN in plugged 50%slow
2-in task manager,in processes,i cannot see the user name
3-Mic does not work
4-new software/games donot install
5-I CANNOT BOOT IN SAFE MODE!
(GETS RESTARTED AUTOMATICaLLY!)

any solution?
is there no option for me except for buying a new on?
plss help me!

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
For your second problem in TaskManager go to View>>Select Columns and check against user name.

For your fifth problem press F8 when PC restarts and you will get a boot menu showing option for Safe Mode. If you do not want it to restart automatically go to MyComputer>>right click>>Advanced tab>>Startup and recovery>>settings and now uncheck against automatically restart and click OK.

cyrux

In the zone
Same here..go for a new one...even i have a similar config. PIII 733 Mhz 20 gb hdd and even i m thinking of going a amd 64bit s939 system

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Since the problem isn't hardware related, i feel he don't have to upgrade (except for no:4).

1. *answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=555853
*www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1041630673

3. Check the volume control, correct jack, etc. Check ur mic in some other's system to see if that is the culprit.

4. Maybe it's time to buy a new grafx card and cpu and more ram, or try *www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/

5. Try disabling "Automatically restart after error" in system properties. It's probably a blue screen.

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
since u r having old config u may face various problems in either software or in hardware so better invest for a new one dude.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom