Computer Institute for Certificate Course (Garia/Tollugunge)Kolkata

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Hi,
My brother computer literate.
He knows most common and basic of MS Word,Excel,Power Point.
He passes from Calcutta University(Graduate).
But,he he failed to show any proof(computer literate for common office job) at job interview.
Last time he got call from Vodfone but was not successful.
He has no other qualification than Graduation.
He wants to do any computer certificate course with less time(6 months) and very less money(5K).
I was thinking about 'O' Level but don't have much idea.
Please suggest and advice guys.

ashs1

Padawan
I don't know much about courses/classes in kolkatta, but if you can , look for "TATA CMC" classes in Kolkatta. They are subsidiary of tata group & They conduct various short duration courses on various subjects. ( From basic MS office courses to Financial Accounting to Android development classes ).

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Thanks for reply!

Few years back my bro was doing Financial Accounting(ICA) but due to some problem he have to left at middle and he failed to complete that.
But,this he wants course related common office work(MS Office I guess).
I heard TATA CMC costly but not sure have to check physically cos no website will provide exact amount of fees.
Heard WB Youth Computer cheap but no idea how good.

BTW,off topic.
Can anyone give info about O Level.

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Any local guy from Kolkata ?
Should I look for any IT related or Job oriented long term course for better opportunities ?

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Can anyone give more info about web design courses in Kolkata ?
Job oriented course would be better.
Duration may be a year but total fees must be under 15K.

tkin

Back to school!!
I only have formal computer education as part of Btech and job experiance, and frankly speaking I still know almost nothing about excel/word etc, I did remember enrolling for a course in Lalani but the faculty was horrible, try CMC, they are a subsidiary of TATA and in kolkata they train TCS new joinees, they have good faculty for programming courses, not so sure about Basics.

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
All CMC branch are good or only main one at Camac Street ?
Doing 'O' Level course for office work totally useless ?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I recommend CMC, they have the lowest prices. The one you are referring to in Camac Street, doesn't have Training Institute, It's a work place. Park Street (Actually it's Free School Street clubbed with Amherst Street) one is the best CMC. Don't go for others, Brainware is just dumb, Aptech and all I guess doesn't exists anymore, NIIT charges like hell. AFAIK the price is around 3k and the duration is 1month (3 Class / Week) or something like that. I'm talking about scenario before 4 Years. Get in touch with CMC to check if there are any changes.

Yes you can try WB Govt. Youth Program, but I'm not sure about the quality of it, though one of my cousin did Tally and all (Financial Package) from YTC.

For MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc, investing (time / energy / money) in DOEACC is not a good idea.

And for you too, thing is same, try CMC for Web Designing and all, but designing is much of creativity. It's just the tools you'll learn to use which is very important, rest is on your creativity.

PS : Nice to find someone from same area. I'm from Tolly, Malancha :p

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Very good info.
Thanks Mr. Sarkar.
Malancha is not far from Bansdroni. :D

PS : I love TD Forun than other place cos there are so many Kolkatan here :) and from Tollygunge too. :p

Top Bottom