Computer hangs after booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pravin

Right off the assembly line
Can someone help me?My computer hangs immidietly after it is started. When the windows desktop is displayed. After then i have to restart the pc using the reset button. Most of the time it will work fine, but sometimes it requires 2 to 3 bootups. I have this problem from last 1 month. My pc configuration isAmd Athelon 2000XP, Gigabyte MB, 256 mb ram, Gforce Nvedia 5200 fx 128mb agp card, Windows Xp media center with SP-2.Plz help me sort out this problem.

q3_abhi

Youngling
Some start-up programs may cause such behaviour...try disabling some heavy startup programs from msconfig...

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Pravin said:
Can someone help me?My computer hangs immidietly after it is started. When the windows desktop is displayed. After then i have to restart the pc using the reset button. Most of the time it will work fine, but sometimes it requires 2 to 3 bootups. I have this problem from last 1 month. My pc configuration isAmd Athelon 2000XP, Gigabyte MB, 256 mb ram, Gforce Nvedia 5200 fx 128mb agp card, Windows Xp media center with SP-2.Plz help me sort out this problem.

Frm when is this happening???
After any s/w installation or h/w installation??
UR ram is also too low for windows xp use.......
The main cause of system crashes is outdated/corrupt drivers installed. It can be tricky to find which driver it is that is causing the crashes. If you are able to boot your computer up, right click on “my computer”, “manage”, “event viewer”. Here you will find 3 categories and a list of each. Your system reports any errors is encountered here. You have to search in all three categories and look for any details with a red symbol by them. Yellow are also significant, but red ones are the ones to research first.

also CHECK ur ram with memtest....keep check on CPU temperature..i can be dude any of above reason...report back if u found any

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
You sud try cleaning your Ram. ALso try changing it with urs friend's.
Try Reinstalling windows if it doesnt solves the problem.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
this is the same problem my friend had.

just open the cabinet (cpu) & see if the Capacitors (cylindrical stuffs) around the Processor have swolen or not & have some RUSTY top.

if yes, your m/b needs some repairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom