computer getting loaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankit Agrawal

Broken In
friends recently I reloaded my PC but after that the speed of pc got very slow i.e. the cpu usage is often more than 90% inspite a small application running
I have got 512 RAM .it looks Harddisk problem because I completely formatted my disk on friends computer there it shows same problem
before it use to run very fast what should I do to make my run fast asa before

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Make sure disable Paging Executive first.
Now go to start menu and type msconfig in run. And then go to system.ini and then goto 386enh,then you add this string:"ConservativeSwapfileUsage=1".And then press ok.Restart your pc.....
Secondly make sure to make your paging size, just double of your quantity of RAM under virtual memory settings.
Now disable unnecessary startup programs from msconfig and then fire all useless services from typing services.msc in the run.

You should also make sure to have NTFS on all your hard drives installed.
Defragment as soon as possible. Go get Diskeeper Enterprise edition version 10 or above which one is available.It is perfect for all defragmenting needs. Run Frag Sheild once.
Use good quality softwares only with a very good antivirus like NOD32 or Kaspersky 6.0.

Try these and will surely help! :wink:

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Make sure there are no heafty background applications (Norton Antivirus etc)then defragment ur HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom