Compromised Acer Aspire One ZG5 dirt cheap

htnakirs

Journeyman
Got this cos I hadn't had a chance to play with a netbook over an extended period.

Purpose having met, putting it up for sale.

Details
Acer Aspire One ZG5
INtel Atom N270 1.6GHz
512 MB RAM ( with one slot free)
8 GB SSD - Intel (no possibility for expansion with normal drives)
10.1 wide 1024 X 600
3 USB, Wireless, LAN, Webcam, Card reader, etc

Compromises : The reason this is dirt cheap is because:
1. It has a mobo issue. The battery will not charge when the system is working. The netbook works well directly off power, it works well off battery (gets close to 2 hours backup) - but if the power is plugged it, it still continues to drain the battery. To charge the battery the system should be shutdown.
Mobo can be repaired, and should cost about 1500.

2. Keyboard acts up. All keys are functional, and it seems it is the Windows key that is the culprit - since pressing the D key brings up the Desktop. Pressing the Win button a couple of times, remedies the situation. New Keyboard should be about 1000.

I have used the netbook for close to a week, and have found it to be a stable, extremely usable device, as is. I've run it directly off the power without the battery plugged it. And I've used the onboard keyboard, and am typing this out on the netbook.

How Much : 2500 without battery, 3000 with battery.
Shipping at actuals

Being smallish, I can ship it outside the state, BUT preference is for local pickup or within state shipping - in that order.

It is a good bargain at this price - just plug in a larger external drive, and you have a cheap download rig.

To the question : "why don't you repair it and keep it?", I reply : In the present condition it is quite attractive. Post repair, it is not quite so.

*b.imagehost.org/0408/IMG_0905.jpg
*b.imagehost.org/0114/IMG_0904.jpg

Top Bottom