Comparing two configs.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekyBoy

In the zone
Is the Pentium 4 2.4 GHz prescott with an ATI Radeon 9200 AGP Card and 256 MB RAM on an Intel 845 Motherboard better than an AMD Athlon 64 3000+ with onboard Geforce 6100 and 512 MB 400 MHz dual channel RAM on an ASUS A8N-VM motherboard?Whose graphics performance is better?

Last edited:
A

AmbarD

I say the AMD based pc will give more smooth gameplay
also i think that the 9200 will only be marginally better
than 6100
the amd has faster proc
more ram
so the AMD base pc is better

Pathik

Google Bot
AmbarD said:
I say the AMD based pc will give more smooth gameplay
also i think that the 9200 will only be marginally better
than 6100
the amd has faster proc
more ram
so the AMD base pc is better
yup the amd pc s better...

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
paul_007 said:
but still , the dedicated graphic card will make a difference

Not if you have just 256 MB memory. And the 6100 series has very good built in graphic capabilities And remem guys this is a 9200 were talking about. Not some high end graphics card. The 256 MB memory will defenitely be a bottle neck. Other than that there is nothing much to seperate the configs. If thats the best I can get then I would go in for the AMD based configs. Remem the AMD 64 is already 64 bit enabled....

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
1)For all non gaming purposes, amd is better.
2)Even for the graphic card I think the 6100 may be better by a certain degree.
9200 can be compared to a FX 5200 and I think geforce 6100 should be better than that atleast, even if it is 5-10% slower, at such low res and setting the cpu will increse the fps significantly.
3)This makes the amd better in all respects.
4)None of these are good enough for gaming.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
akshayt said:
2)Even for the graphic card I think the 6100 may be better by a certain degree.
9200 can be compared to a FX 5200 and I think geforce 6100 should be better than that atleast, even if it is 5-10% slower, at such low res and setting the cpu will increse the fps significantly.
3)This makes the amd better in all respects.
4)None of these are good enough for gaming.

What do u mean by that.....all swear by amd based machines..esp 64 bit one for gaming......what makes u say so??

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
The opposite is what is observed in real life. Unless you are talking about a conroe system, in which case it doesn't matter if it's a gaming or non-gaming application, the conroe will win.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Obviously the AMD 3000+ and the Asus A8N-VM combination is better.9200 for today's gaming is completely obsolete.It dosen't have enough bandwidth to push recent games decently.It also lacks features like Shader Model 3.0 support,DirectX9.0c and even AVIVO.Whereas 6100 features SM 3.0 and has a core clock of 425Mhz whereas 9200 stands a mere 250Mhz.Technically,both of them are somewhat low end performers but in raw benchmarks 6100 definetly has the upperhand.

@akshayt: Dude did you mean that AMD is better(or should I say best)in all gaming purposes? :D

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
You guys didn't get me.

I meant that between these rigs, the amd 64 based one will beat the former in all non gaming apps. I am sure of that. With the graphic card I was not fully sure, but I think Amd > Intel in this case even with the graphic card.

Kniwor

Learner
Actually AMD one is better, let me try and derive how..!!

the 6100 chipset integrated graphics is essentially the same as that in RS482 chipset, now RS482 chipset uses the ATI X300 GPU which is the same as that in 9600, which obviously is better than a 9200, so even graphic-wise, the AMD system should be better, and in other apps, the diffrence is beyond doubt.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Kniwor said:

the 6100 chipset integrated graphics is essentially the same as that in RS482 chipset, now RS482 chipset uses the ATI X300 GPU which is the same as that in 9600, which obviously is better than a 9200, so even graphic-wise, the AMD system should be better, and in other apps, the diffrence is beyond doubt.

Well done.. :p

Were/Are u a engg or science student???

aadipa

Padawan
Kniwor said:

Hehe, A > B, B = C, so A > C

BTW, 6100 should outperform 9200.
Nut somehow you can get your hand on 6150 it would be much better than both above.

Kniwor

Learner
lol... thanks for the appreciation.... BTW i am B.stat student at Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, just for ur query, so that's close to math....lol...

OP
GeekyBoy

GeekyBoy

In the zone
Hey thanks guys

The AMD system was mine and the Intel system was my friend's system.I beat him!!!!!:D :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom