Comodo Internet Security Pro 2011 Free for 1 year 8)

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
Comodo is now offering $50 worth of Comodo Internet Security Pro 2011 completely free for 1 year

*download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/1000/standalone/cispro_1year_installer.exe

Rajesh345

Youngling
thank u , downloading

edit

after searching got official post and download link

Comodo Internet Security Pro 1 year trial i

*forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/cis-pro-new-package-free-for-1-year-t72250.0.html

sygeek

Technomancer
[GiveAway] 1-Year License of Comodo Internet Security Pro 2011

Comodo Internet Security is free, multi-layered security application that keeps hackers out and personal information in. More than just an antivirus program, it also includes an award-winning firewall, host intrusion prevention, a sandbox for untrusted software, anti-malware and buffer overflow protection to deliver comprehensive protection against today's diverse range of threats.

Generally this Internet Security suite costs $49.99 for 1-year license but now as a promotional program, Comodo is giving away it absolutely free. Unlike the stripped down versions of commercial software that other software vendors offer for free, this is the full, completely functional version of the product.

Download

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Re: [GiveAway] 1-Year License of Comodo Internet Security Pro 2011

Thanks for the (re) post :-D
(*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/freeware/140292-comodo-internet-security-pro-2011-free-1-year-8-a.html)

Using it. Although the memory footprint is a 'little' high, still protection is good. The feature I liked the most? Ability to sandbox a program, if you have a doubt over it, before it executes.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!

most of the time when Comodo uses autosandboxing,
it breaks the program and causes it to crash unexpectedly
so the only option left for the user is to select "don't sandbox it again"
it is not as perfect as a freeware toll sandboxie is

But then again , to enjoy free goodies, you have to suffer its catch

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

not again! My eye overlooks the threads I wanna start.

Happens when you loose touch from a few days on TDF! :?
Suggestion: You can request mod, to merge it with the prev thread.

@funkysourav: Yeah, agree with the last line. But then again, for people like me, who is vigilant enough, not to try any suspected file to let it run in the first place, the sandiboxie tool is hardly needed. :Fingerx:

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Discovered something which I think is worth sharing. Applies in XP.

Since I rely more on my geeky senses, rather than using an AV, I decided to remove Comodo from background services, after a full system scan.

So, I opened MSCONFIG, and Unchecked the Service from the list called, "COMODO Internet Security Helper Service". After a restart, I gained about 120 MB of RAM usage, which was due to the COMODO service represented by "cmdagent.exe" in task manager.

But the above process annoyingly turned off my broadband Internet too. I can confirm the reason of disconnection of Internet on disabling of COMODO, since when I restated the service from MSCONFIG, I was again able to reconnect with the web.

So, it looks like, if I have to browse the Interwebs with free memory, I will have to Un-install COMODO.

No cookies for you COMODO in my sys. :)

Top Bottom