Colours and corruption...

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Hi

Hi

Build by ATI radeon 9800pro 128mb

1)It sometimes displays artifacts or something that should not be in games.But this afternoon for sometime it i think was not showing artifacts etc for sometime,not the whole time.

2)The text appears distorted or cut sometimes and often when another thing is dragged over it , if even it is highlighted by the mouse the distortion goes.

3)Sometimes the monitor becomes pinkish and sometimes flickers pink like i think so probably.
Once when comp was starting , the bios text was pink and something otherwise written in yellow maybe ,'energy' or something i think appeared orange like.

4)Sometimes the screen has dots of different colous and sometimes they go by opening a window if they are in the taskbar for example but if they are in the desktop screen like wallpaper they may not go.

5)UT2004 i kind of loose control over the keyboard and mouse.

5)In collin mc rally 2004 and 2003 were more or less fine in this respect however in 03 the movie qulaity was not too good.

6)Is this a :
psu problem
heating problem
graphic card problem

I have 300watts mercury
Should a 450watts smart power antec solve the prob?

How do i check the gpu temp?
For 1.7willamette
40gb 7200rpm
256mb sd ram
is 41 for cpu and about 50 for system ok after using the comp for few minutes?

finally should i have it rma'd
what will be the total cost .
i from delhi will have to send by courried or something to californi to uncle then then he will need to send to company and the same process will go backwards.
what will be total cost , time?
will there be customs?

is this temp normal with 2-3mintues ac switch on before and running

cpu-27
system-31

4-5minutes splinter cell pandora tomorrow
cpu-31
system-40

also , i think i installed collin mc rally 03 yesterday,was working,now display prob

how much do you feel total cost would be of custom + transport etc
what is the sum of this cost + the cost i can sell the card after repairs

is it worth going for the a new one for alomst the same price.g6600gt

LayZ

Broken In
phew...so many questions...well as far as the games no running well is concerned i guess thats cuz u r probably not using the right set of drivers...download the latest ones for ur card..and as for the bios getting pink and all the only thing that comes to mind is that there's something wrong with ur monitor too...ottherwise
Sometimes the monitor becomes pinkish and sometimes flickers pink like i think so probably.
Once when comp was starting , the bios text was pink and something otherwise written in yellow maybe ,'energy' or something i think appeared orange like.
wouldnt have happened...btw do u degauss regularly??

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
First of all, don't panic.
If possible, test your monitor with another computer, and test your computer with another monitor. This will tell you which one is faulty.

The artefacts and other display corruption appears to point towards the graphics card or its driver. Taken by itself, the pinkish colour could mean that your monitor is faulty, not displaying the Green component.
I have 300watts mercury
Should a 450watts smart power antec solve the prob?
300W is adequate for your config. Although Mercury's not a big-name brand in the PSU field, I've found them to be quite OK. In any case, your problems do not appear to be related to the power supply.
is this temp normal with 2-3mintues ac switch on before and running

cpu-27
system-31

4-5minutes splinter cell pandora tomorrow
cpu-31
system-40
Normally, CPU temp is higher than system temp. Are you sure you're not interchanging them ? If you've interchanged them, these figures are OK.

OP
A

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
no i am not interchanging

without using comp for might much much much time the temp might be like this:
cpu-27
system-31

after say 10-15min gaming etc it might come to this:
cpu-about 35-40
system-45-50

also, if these artifacts and all come after a bit using the comp aand not at firt if gaming is done,then could it be overheating , dust, psu issue.

also,Rave at other forum probably changed his 300watts murcury probably when he started palying long duration games .

if the grahpic card truns out to be fine then how much can it be sold for ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom