Color management problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitraju

Broken In
I have Windows Vista Home Premium and my monitor is Samsung Syncmaster 1200NF (CRT monitor). I ran the setup program that came with monitor and Vista shows the monitor correctly in "Dispaly Prperties". But pictures seem different when I open them in Adobe Photoshop CS4 or Corel Photopaint X4.

Irfanview & IE7 shows pictures in yet another shade although they both show them similarly.

Here is an image showing same file opened in Photoshop & Photopaint side-by-side. *img18.imageshack.us/img18/5563/colorproblem.jpg

In Corel Photopaint, I have selected "Generic Profile" for my monitor (in Color Manageent). I have icc profile of the monitor but when I select that, everything becomes a shade of magenta! In Photoshop CS4 I did not find any such menu for selecting a monitor profile.

So how can I set up my system so that pictures will display similar in all applications?

Help me please.

OP
D

digitraju

Broken In
Addition -

My default device profile in Control Pannel ->Colr Management -> is set to IEC61966-2.1

I want to make sure that my pictures will be visible on the web in similar colors that I see on my monitor.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
In my PC I don't have any colour profile selected.

Go to Display Properties >> Colour Management and remove the colour profile.

BTW I didn't see any colour differences in the two pictures.:?

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
Use Colour Calibration option found in Adobe Photoshop, or else try Clear Type Control Panel Applet from microsoft which is free, you can get it from google...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom