college doesnt allow wifi connection on psp...

Status
Not open for further replies.

threeonethree

Journeyman
my sh** college doesnt allow me to have a wifi connection on my psp .. i asked them many times why doesnt a wifi certified device get a connection? and whatever they said was not too satisfactory for me.. their replies ranged from..

1) No
2) because we dont.
3) You cant use c++ and visual basic on psp.. (who uses wifi for that?)
4) security reasons (which? i dont get it..)
5) it will take all bandwidth from laptops and desktops (lmfao)..

i dont know what to do .. if i will get a wifi connection on my psp it will be very helpful.i will have a wifi device in my pocket and wont have to lug around a heavy laptop. should i stay persisted and ridicule them for their ignorance ? or the other way is that i can use my friends ip address and password ( thats not my way, i dont like to back down when the other person is wrong) ..

what these people are using is

1) static ip address: which they give out to students when they go and request it.. when i went to have one and showed them my psp they just said we dont give on mobile phones (rofl..) when i said its not a mobile but a psp . he said No. we dont give on that stuff..

the dhcp is turned off..

2) they use this cyberix software from *nebero.com/ .. when we connect using the ip address , we have to put our password here to start browsing..

what should my next action?

talkingcomet

Dragon Reborn
just take your notebook and request for an ip. Then keep it at home and use your psp to browse from next day onwards!! :8

OP
T

threeonethree

Journeyman
that would have been possible if i had a laptop .. but i dont ...

i think they bind the username password to the ip address of the students.. but i am not sure about the mac address. i have been able to use my friends ip and password on my psp to connect.which means they dont have mac address binding yet.but even if they do i have a mac address spoofer on my psp. but i want my own ip address and i will get it because i paid the same amount of money as fees to them and not being tech challanged i cant find a reason why they are not allowing me to connect...

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^You cant argue with every fool you see on the road.
Jus get a frns lappy for a day and request id/pass.
Use it on ur PSP after that.

OP
T

threeonethree

Journeyman
but it wont work when he is using it .. btw a girl next to me in library typed "i hate this pc and internet service" on her computer .. what should i do

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Dude, get a frns lappy and request for ur own id and password,
then on wards you can use wifi on ur psp.

OP
T

threeonethree

Journeyman
the problem with this approach is that they mark the laptops they give ip address on.. so if i get one for my friend then he wont be able to get a seperate address.. also they would note down the mac address i guess

kumarmohit

Technomancer
WTF, this is another case where most of the ppl in a tech college are technologically challanged. Imagine if someone takes an EEE PC to your college and asks for credentials!

OK Where is your college?

OP
T

threeonethree

Journeyman
my college is in punjab.. i wont disclose any more details for obvious reasons,but most of the people in here are tech challanged.. even in my IT course.. one of my classmates didndt even know what RAM stands for !!!!!

i dont have a eee pc but i can bring my room mate with me for his ip address...he is tech challanged too (he is quite a maths physics nerd but sucks with computers) .. i installed ubuntu on his laptop so that he starts to learn linux from the begining and because vista is slow for him.. it will be a nice sight when i will boot up ubuntu , give the compiz desktop a spin and ask the network admin to configure the ip address on it..

i may even blacklist his network driver to make it a little harder ;) . and then let him say " we dont give ip on this thing , where is windows?"

Pat

Beyond Smart
Its very much possible that they would say linux is not supported and it will not work :p

OP
T

threeonethree

Journeyman
but i know linux is supported because i configured my friends internet on ubuntu( i installed ubuntu for him too).. it was much easier than vista..

dell 1525
ubuntu 7.10

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^It obviously will support dude.There are very few things , if any, that linux cant do these days. I meant that the people in your college will make that statement of it not being supported(being tech challenged as you said)

OP
T

threeonethree

Journeyman
but whats the fun of learning something when you cant even explain it to people when needed and when you cant even mock ignorant network admins..

suggest me a good way of dealing with this.. i am really upset with their behavior

I remember an old post from ubuntu forums whose link I lost when I read this. Some guy asked how to install windows vista on his laptop that already has ubuntu, and also where he can buy a copy of vista basic. Many were curious as to the circumstances of his problem. It turned out that as he was using Linux, his teachers thought he was some kind of a super hacker who wanted to take over the school servers, hence they refused to allow him to connect to the net.

This problem is everywere thanks to ignorant fools who are in institutions of presitage as instructors.

Why don't you take the issue up with the collage management or something ? Have you tried to see if the computer department staff has any non shithead and asked his/her help ?

OP
T

threeonethree

Journeyman
i first went to the network admin and asked for the ip address.. his replies were

1) NO we dont give on mobile phones ...

when i said this isnt a mobile phone but is a psp...

2) he took a close look at it , like he was watching it for the very first time and nodded his head " how will you type on it"

"but sir it got a mouse(analog stick) and i can connect a keyboard.. it has a internet browser.. sir this device is wifi certified and the net works just like a laptop"

he asked me to leave and let others get the connection...

i went to his boss.. the things he said

1) we dont give on mobile...

"but sir this is not a mobile . its a psp .. bla bla bla (explained stuff to him)..

2) but its still a mobile..you can carry it around..

"so is a laptop sir..."

3) you cant use c++ on it..( who uses a net connection to compile code?)

4) if i will give you .. then everybody will want it ..

5) see me after 15 days...

i went to see the dean and i kept it short " sir they are not giving us wifi connections on handheld devices"

he said

see me on monday...

---------------

i am getting so frustrated that the next thing i am planning is to use the exploits i found on their crappy and cheap internet management system.. www.nebero.com (indian company) ..

and doing something interesting with their lab pcs.. (uses M$ windows sp2 with ie 6 .. i dont think that will be too hard)

well, have you tried waiting and seeing what might happen next ?
as for running C++ in it, there are ways... Its supposed to have a partially working dos emulator in the works. You can run those cheap useless outdated Borland Turbo C++ 3.0 programs which collages force us to make(despite their being out-dated back to 1991) without any hastles.

Edit: just saw that nebero is powered by linux. How ironic ? :rolleyes:

kumarmohit

Technomancer
i think you can put that dos emulator and run the borland complier. The trick is that you do not present the console to the deans a gaming console but as a full fledged portable computer. Show it to the dean, keybaord attached, compiler running.

Tell them that they are not giving you a connection despite you being able to run compiler on that machine.

You go to the and say that you need wifi access on a gaming console,naturally he would kick you. present the thing as a computer and you stand a better chance. You can wage a war later. the trick right now is to get your internet connection working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom