Codemaster's games are gonna be free :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Didn't quite believe the news yesterday, so thought I'd check with Gametap. Surely they couldn't be offering all of Codemasters new/upcoming titles, games like Turning Point: Fall of Liberty, Clive Barker's Jericho, DiRT and Overlord, for free? Seems they are, with Gametap confirming today that yes, as long as you're willing to put up with the odd commercial here and there, you can play them all for free on their ad-supported section.

Here's the link:

*kotaku.com/gaming/the-best-things-...the-new-codemasters-games-are-free-285595.php

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
This isn't In-Game advertising. With the free Gametap you're required to watch ads while in the gametap interface, but not during actual gameplay. So you end up watching ads while downloading the game, and before you play it. It's the good old fashioned type of advertising that we're all used to and OK with.

I think what happened is that Codemasters did the math and came to the conclusion that the plugging away of game ads (with the added addition of more advertising revenue with products that are free because of a larger user base) combined with cheaper, non-retail based online distribution could potentially be just as profitable, if not more, than retail.

AND WORST OF ALL...
ITS US ONLY.

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Quiz_Master said:
#Great Powers = Great Responsibility.
No Powers = No Responsibility.
Yippie. I have no powers, thats why I am free from any responsibility.
Nice signature.
:D

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
Tech Genius said:
Dirt for free. :D
for the amount of time that went into that game and now they're handing it out for free????...hmmmm I dunno, I better double check to see if my sys can run it first sounds too good to be true.... and we all know the how that saying ends...:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom