Cmpaq Presari V6112AU Start Up Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
My Notebook is 7 months old and used to work perfectly till about a month ago. ut abbout a month ago it started restarting many times at start up. Soetimes it starts up right away but most of the time it keeps restarting many times sometimes it can last 15 minutes to an hour. I tried restarting it but no good, it just starts up whenever it wants to as if it's got its own mind.

The start up light turns on fine but nothing happens after that. My pc is totally upto date with all OS, antivirus, bios & driver updates.

Also my wifi has stopped working a few days before this startup issue had started...lickily i use my office wired LAN for internet...but I am unable to log on to Wi-Fi

Does anyone else facing the problem and found a solution for this?...someone please help...I am currently travelling and ot is not possible for atleast 2 months before i can take it to the service center (As it is still under warranty) but I need help urgently now.

The fllowing are my notebk specs:
Compaq Presario V6112AU
AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50, 1600 MHz
2 GB 667Mhz DDR2 (1GBx2)
160 GB SATA 5400RPM
8X DDL DVD Writer
Geforce Go 6150
15.4" TFT Widescreen
Altec Lansing Speakers
6 Cell Lithium Ion
Integrated 10/100 BaseT, 56K Modem, 802.11b/g,
Express card/54 Slot, Bluetooth HP module
5 in 1 Digital Media Reader
Windows Vista Home Premium

Help please

Last edited:
OP
caleb

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
pathiks said:
Try a backward system restore
I've already tried backward System Restore but no joy.

I have also removed the hard disk and tried to boot and faced the same problem.

Any other suggestions?

Sourabh

Laptoping
Charge the battery to the max. See if the problem persists when the laptop is running on battery.

Pathik

Google Bot
arey yup it can be a power problem.. does it occur wen u r running it on ac or on battery??

OP
caleb

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: Compaq Presario V6112AU Start Up Problems

Sourabh said:
Charge the battery to the max. See if the problem persists when the laptop is running on battery.
I tried that too but same problem persists.

One specific question I had is: I had removed the hard disk and booted the pc but the same problem continues, so keeping that in mind would you say reinstalling the OS will help or not?

What I mean is could a melicious software have written into comp so even without the hard disk it could pose startup problems?

So what if I reinstall the OS - would that help in solving the problem? or you feel it is some hardware issue?

Sourabh

Laptoping
When exactly does it restart? If everything happens before the OS selection menu, the problem is definitely somwhere else.

If you have access to a similar power adapter, use that and check.

OP
caleb

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Sourabh said:
When exactly does it restart? If everything happens before the OS selection menu, the problem is definitely somwhere else.

If you have access to a similar power adapter, use that and check.
It restars even before the Windows login screen shows up. I went to a computer store who allowed me to use their adapter...but same prolem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom