CM 460W - Enough juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3chg33k

Broken In
I was looking to purchase the CoolerMaster Extreme Power Plus 460W for my rig which consists of C2D e7200,Geforce 9600GSO,DDR2-800 on a abit ip35e.
I know it is enough under normal circumstances, but would it be able to handle a 20-30% overclock of each of these components.
I guess if I do need to step up, it would be either the CM 500W or POV Black diamond 500W since the Corsair VX450W is out of my budget.
But then since I would be sticking with this config without any upgrade for at least another 2 years, do suggest an upgrade if absolutely necessary since any amount saved helps me to divert it to other hardware.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Yes this psu can handle ur rig nicely .i've used this on my quad for a while and its pretty stable.i think anyone not opting SLI should look for this.and u can check a review for how good this is in overclocks too

Pathik

Google Bot
But to be on the safer side and contemplating a GPU upgrade, you should go for the CM Xtreme 600W. 3.1k

OP
T

t3chg33k

Broken In
I would be sticking with this rig for 2 years if not more and there would be no upgrades during the course, hence I suppose the CM 460W would do for now.
I do realise though that in the future any upgrade would be accompanied by a PSU upgrade as well, but I guess its one for the future.
Thanks guys.:smile:

utsav

damn busy...
i am also getting this psu for my system. its gives the best bang for the buck :D
any1 knows its exact price??

OP
T

t3chg33k

Broken In
Hmm... to keep a margin of safety I suppose I would go with the CM 500W.
What should be the price I should expect at Lamington Road ~Rs.2500-2600?

@utsav
It is necessary to check that it is the PCAx version and not the PSMx version since both are different designs and feature different components,fans and connectors.
Also keep in mind to purchase Extreme Power Plus and not Extreme Power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom