Clock getting slow everyday by few mins !! plus more prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero

Broken In
Hi!
did a little bit of search, though not exhaustive , did not find anything similar. Here is the case

Case Symptoms:
1. My pc clock gets daily updated when I connect to net but still I find the time not update next day... the date etc every thing is same its just that it usually lags by few(15-20 Min) minutes approx.

2. Poweron problem. Refuses to power on since a week or so. after certain tries it may just agree to power on and I work for that day.

Work load ( hints) :

1 My PC remains on whole night daily for net. and add to that few hours in day time if I'm at home. Holidays means day also and night also barring fews hours may be.
2. Already checked for power switch being loose or anything like that. Did a keyboard powerON as choice but problem unchanged.
3. The CMOS battery shows healthy voltage above 3.0 volts.
4. Earthing does not seem to be perfect. Though present but there is some 60v difference between the earth and neutral. ( Seriously suggest is there any problem if I plan to short the earth and neutral on wall socket to make earthing better?)

Suspects:

1. Suggest me what you think about it.... SMPS going to pack up or its the clock IC on the board.????? What do you think?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
1. My pc clock gets daily updated when I connect to net but still I find the time not update next day... the date etc every thing is same its just that it usually lags by few(15-20 Min) minutes approx.

Though even 3.0 volts Try and change the CMOS Battry :lol: around Rs. 25 MAX at Kolkata... !!!

OP
zero

zero

Broken In
Okay will change the battery then will report back..

till now update is today system was 4 hrs late
Gets powered on if I keep power button pressed for 5 sec continously.

If battery fails it gives CMOS checksum error but always gets powered on in first normal attemt. What do you say?

Post your comments till then I'll change my battery and will report back.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Difference of 60V between Earth and Neutral means the situation is grave. Use the PC and look for any other problem only after correcting this.

OP
zero

zero

Broken In
Its not possible for me to correct the earthing solution for the whole building of 400 people.. can someone tell me is there any problem if I connect the earthing with the neutral itself.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
no man!!! don't short the earth and neutral... wid a 60v potential difference!! no way.. don't do it!!! get a separate earthing done for ur place. you'll hafta pay for the earth rod/plate and the wiring+piping. its a lot safer this way, for you ur family and all of ur devices!

janitha

Wise Old Owl
infra_red_dude said:
no man!!! don't short the earth and neutral... wid a 60v potential difference!! no way.. don't do it!!! get a separate earthing done for ur place. you'll hafta pay for the earth rod/plate and the wiring+piping. its a lot safer this way, for you ur family and all of ur devices!

Exactly, get your own earthing done at the earliest. Never even think of shorting the lines.

OP
zero

zero

Broken In
Changed the CMOS battery starting problem solved now left with earthing problem .... will sort it out soon. My speakers are also suffering because of this earthing problem only I feel. Anyway thanks to all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom