Civilization IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

n.regmi

Broken In
i have played civilization 3 and have many sleepless nights.The game was so good. i bought Civilization 4 few weeks ago but i didnt like the interface and it looks very different from Civ 3. I couldnt play the game.

have anyone here played Civ 4 and is it as good as Civ 3?

ty

hey,u tellin that civ 4 is not good.
why dont u u give it one more shot.........and get back here again afterwards.
i am sure ur comment on civ 4 will change.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Ya, it was unanimously declared as game of the year among all platforms and all genres for 2005 by many gaming websites including gamespot and gamespy. It cannot be that bad!!!

Try once more and I am sure your opinions will change.

If you want some tips, check out the forums at www.civfanatics.com.

F.E.A.R_$ayan

Right off the assembly line
i am playing civ 4 at this moment and believe me man that its dam,n kul
i never played any strategy game b4 but now i am a huge fan of it
try it out u will surely love it all u need is patience
tip:play as the indian empire and take it to the heights of civilization.

first timers will find it very boring but if u play for a while and get into all the things of Civ 4,then u'll know why its the best.

paul_007

Padawan
i have heard that civilization 4 is a turn based game , i.e, we and opponents make the move turn by turn , is this true, or is it simple like gameplay like age of empires

it is Turn Based,ie why i said that first u will find it boring but after some time...u really begin to like it if u get the hang of it.....its total fun.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
rahul_becks23 said:
it is Turn Based,ie why i said that first u will find it boring but after some time...u really begin to like it if u get the hang of it.....its total fun.

And totally addictive. You will just say to yourself '...just one more turn...'!! :D

It is like a game of chess on the higher difficulty levels. The opponents are just plain smart. They will cripple your economy and make unjust demands and when you don't give in they will declare war against you.

One thing I learnt at playing at higher difficulty-It's useless being defensive. Go for all out attack at the earliest possible chance with the nearest opponent who does not approve of your religion. yes, religion is a big factor in civ-IV.

By the way, just wanted to share, the first expansion pack is out-Civ-IV: warlords. Has anyone got it yet?:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom