Chromium OS

pranav.seth

Journeyman
inspired by the mag, i downloaded the latest chromium os from the site mentioned. But now after booting, my wifi is not being switched on and so i cant even start the setup. My laptop is compaq presario cq42. Please help me!! I want a second os to hang on to and this is perfect!!!

pleaseeeee can someone help me???

sygeek

Technomancer
Where did you download the ChromiumOS from? Remember some of the Chromium's builds don't work properly (or don't work at all) on some specific laptops/desktops due to compability issues.

I recommend Hexxeh's Vanilla Build. If that doesn't work too, try Hexxeh's Flow Build (older build).

Last edited:

sygeek

Technomancer
Try downloading a couple of days older Vanilla Build. If that doesn't work too. Then please download the older Flow build instead.
If that doesn't work too, try Hexxeh's Flow Build (older build).

OP
P

pranav.seth

Journeyman
@sycgeek, where do u live in lko? I used to live in mahanagar until last year. Will do so tommorow. If i install flow, will it be updated?

sygeek

Technomancer
Flow isn't being updated nowadays, you may not have a good experience with it because it's interface is very very sluggish, forget about using flash-based websites.

Vanilla is one of the most famous Chromium build nowadays, but it is not finished yet and still being developed, so there's a high chance that it may not work in your laptop (like it didn't work on my desktop).

@sycgeek, where do u live in lko?
River Bank Colony, near Shaheed Smarak.

Top Bottom