Christians, Hindus, Sikhs forced to flee Swat: Catholic Church

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Sat, Apr 25 06:10 PM

New Delhi, April 24 (IANS) The minorities in Pakistan's Swat Valley have been forced to flee as the Taliban have imposed a tax on non-Muslims, Pakistan Catholic Bishops' Conference (PCBC) president Archbishop Lawrence John Saldanha has said, urging the Pakistani president and prime minister to intervene.

Expressing concern over the government's move to allow the imposition of Sharia laws in parts of the North West Frontier Province, the archbishop said in his letter to the Pakistani leaders: 'We note with sorrow that your government has failed to take stock of the concerns of civil society in Pakistan in your decision.

'Christian, Hindu and Sikh families have been forced to flee because the Taliban imposed on them Jizia, a tax levied on non-Muslims living under Islamic rule,' he said.

The archbishop's letter was released here by the Catholic Bishops' Conference of India (CBCI).

After parliament had approved the measure, Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari April 13 signed the notification for enforcing Sharia laws in Swat and six other districts of the NWFP that are collectively known as the Malakand division.

'Besides jeopardising the socio-economic and cultural growth in Swat and Malakand, the decision has also given legal sanction to the diktats of the trigger-happy Taliban,' the archbishop's letter said.

The resolution 'erodes constitutional protections for minorities and women,' Saldanha, who is the archbishop of Lahore, said in the letter.

'Now minority communities in the province are forced to endure unemployment, intimidation and migration,' the letter noted.

Source: *in.news.yahoo.com/43/20090425/812/tnl-christians-hindus-sikhs-forced-to-fl.html

Did you know that hindu girls are kidnapped by Muslim extremists and married off forcefully after being converted to islam, and their parents given no permission to visit them stating that it was a voluntary action ?

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Did you know that hindu girls are kidnapped by Muslim extremists and married off forcefully after being converted to islam, and their parents given no permission to visit them stating that it was a voluntary action ?

Agree with first part but second part is like this, once they are converted to Islam then the parents have no custody over girls. So even if they want to, they cannot do anything.

Read about Blasphemy laws in Pakistan.

nix

not just in swat, it has been happening all over pakistan. its only more explicit in swat.

i wonder why the minorities continue to stay there.

we give our minorities quotas and other privileges while pakistan's minorities get NOTHING.

its time for the US to into pakistan and seize their nukes. obama cant keep pumping in money forever. its time to isolate that country.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
not just in swat, it has been happening all over pakistan. its only more explicit in swat.

i wonder why the minorities continue to stay there.

we give our minorities quotas and other privileges while pakistan's minorities get NOTHING.

its time for the US to into pakistan and seize their nukes. obama cant keep pumping in money forever. its time to isolate that country.

Isolate the whole country just becoz of few mad people?If thats the logic india should also be added in that list.Our media is so busy in covering what Rakhi Sawant and The Great Khali are doing that they forget to cover all these news of injustices done with dalits,muslims,christians and even hindus in some part of our country and people think that india is shining and we are developing and all that nonsense.Ask yourself and look around dont these things happen in india also?
And i have seen many pakistanis worrying about the indian muslims conditions in india (even though their feeling is fake and they dont give a damn) and us indians always say in reply "its our matter mind your own business".Same thing applies to them also even if they are hindu,sikh or christians but they are pakistani first.So its none of india's business.They are not the people who went from india to do a job there.They are not NRI's.They are pakistanis and its their own matter.;)

Last edited:

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
ok, what has USA got to do with whats going on in Sri Lanka???:rolleyes:

agree, abt the afghanistan part, but we cant blame the US for everything.
our politicians gotta grow some balls....and start taking some tough stands, otherwise we are gonna get clobbered from all sides.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
ok, what has USA got to do with whats going on in Sri Lanka???:rolleyes:

agree, abt the afghanistan part, but we cant blame the US for everything.
our politicians gotta grow some balls....and start taking some tough stands, otherwise we are gonna get clobbered from all sides.

And you forgot Iraq?:rolleyes: thousands of innocents lost their lives.Same with afghanistan and in NWFP and FATA now they are all gearing up for revenge.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Taliban are a threat to humanity. I was watching the movie 'Lakshya' on 9X yesterday for the upteenth time. These terrorists should be swept off the land similarly as Hrithik and co. killed the Pakistani terrorists in the movie.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Taliban are a threat to humanity. I was watching the movie 'Lakshya' on 9X yesterday for the upteenth time. These terrorists should be swept off the land similarly as Hrithik and co. killed the Pakistani terrorists in the movie.

And oh i forgot to add indian movies along with the indian media.How easily they refer to the neighbouring countries in their movies and creating hatred.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
People stop comparing movies to reality, read history. I know because people tend to forget history, we are in such a situation. Indians have short term memory.

nix

Because of USA.:rolleyes:

we are, what we are only because of ourself. if they are the best, its because they have secured their interests. real men own up.

no offence, but the truth is, we're terribly bad at foriegn policy. we cant even clean up the maoist terrorists roaming inside our country.

sri lanka is continuing with the offensive because they have china's permission. china's sphere of influence is increasing while our politicians bleed the country. they have given weapons to sri lanka.

india on the other hand has never taken a solid stand on that issue. non alignment policy has not benefitted india at all. govt cannot fully support the lankans because we are bound by regional parties. democracy is a suicide pact.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
@nix thats what i was saying we should look at ourselves first rather than looking at our neighbours and feeling good about ourselves we have the same problem.And there is no need to generalize them on the basis of few bad people which exists in our own country also.
And talking of history people do have a short term memory in india.How easily they can forget Gujrat riots in 2002 and the treatment which north indians gets in Mumbai from shiv sena and raj thackrey.So there is no need to read what happened 50 years ago.People dont even remember what happened 5-6 years ago.:rolleyes:

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
And oh i forgot to add indian movies along with the indian media.How easily they refer to the neighbouring countries in their movies and creating hatred.

And what has Pakistan not done since the last 62 years not to create hatred among the common Indian man? Decades and decades of talk between Indian and Pak governments- and what is the result?-Terrorism still rules. And what is this business of POK? J&K was always a part of India. Did 'Lakshya' show anything illogical? Last 60 odd years have yeilded nothing. It's time to spot out the terrorist camps and remove them for good, just as they showed in the movie.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@nix thats what i was saying we should look at ourselves first rather than looking at our neighbours and feeling good about ourselves we have the same problem.And there is no need to generalize them on the basis of few bad people which exists in our own country also.
And talking of history people do have a short term memory in india.How easily they can forget Gujrat riots in 2002 and the treatment which north indians gets in Mumbai from shiv sena and raj thackrey.So there is no need to read what happened 50 years ago.People dont even remember what happened 5-6 years ago.:rolleyes:

What is there to feel good about ourselves ? Same asslols come here and kill people. Isn't it a concern for us too ?

I agree with gaurav though. We should first look at terrorists in our own backyard before looking for them and talking about them elsewhere. Yes I am refering to a certain organisation called RSS and another called CPI(Maoist).

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
What is there to feel good about ourselves ? Same asslols come here and kill people. Isn't it a concern for us too ?

They come here without local support?Really how easy it is?Buddy any bangladeshi can cross the indian border by giving a bribe of just Rs 50.Do some research.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
And what has Pakistan not done since the last 62 years not to create hatred among the common Indian man? Decades and decades of talk between Indian and Pak governments- and what is the result?-Terrorism still rules. And what is this business of POK? J&K was always a part of India. Did 'Lakshya' show anything illogical? Last 60 odd years have yeilded nothing. It's time to spot out the terrorist camps and remove them for good, just as they showed in the movie.

Life isnt as easy as you think.

And about Pakistan creating hatred towards indian people.We arent helping in that department also.Dont you know movies like Lakshya or whatever cr@p you watch are also watched by pakistanis.These movies and clips of anti muslim speeches given by Varun Gandhi and other jokers of indian politics will be shown to small kids both here and in our neighbour countries that muslims are living in a hell.It does create hatred.

RSS,Bajrang Dal,Shiv Sena,Ram Sena,VHP will you finish them too?Kamaal Khan released a film "Deshdrohi" based on the reality of whats happening in mumbai to north indians it was banned in maharashtra becoz it showed the truth.Did you watch it?Have you watched Black Friday?

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
I agree with gaurav though. We should first look at terrorists in our own backyard before looking for them and talking about them elsewhere. Yes I am refering to a certain organisation called RSS and another called CPI(Maoist).

lol people are so busy in pointing fingers at others look at this report now tell me are these thing possible without local support?And what happened to samjhauta express case?

Trinamool armed us to fight in Nandigram: Naxal leader

*www.keralanext.com/news/2009/04/27/article104.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom