CHINEES MOBILE:a look into it

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsubhadip

In the zone
in kolkata there r many china made phone without any specific brand...
they so cheap......under 4 k
the specification is also very tempting
2 sim,
2 battery
2 mp cam
2 camera,
512 memory.
2 charger,
bluetooth.
FM,
and many things.....

BUT I WONDER how really is these mobiles?
is there any good brand of china in low cost?
r they reall reliable?
r they really good in work?
can they read pdf files?
how the camera in those phones?
why do not NOKIA produce the low cost mobiles like them?

Tamoghno

Padawan
They are so cheap because

They use cheap and hazardous material like lead extensively(not that nokia / se use those but amount is minimal )

They use cheap cheap component. ( drop the phone for once and 99% chance screen is broken )

One of my friend have a chinese maal with 1800mah battery. The battery itself is probably larger than nokia 1100. Still dont hold charge for more than 1.5 days. You get a idea how bad quality electronics they use.

They use awful software. For example , you cant open a picture at one click from thumbnail.clicking select button open's option then there is option to open image.
Given china's respect towards intellectual property , i doubt they pay for software. Every single chinese phone i've seen use same software.

Nokia cant make phone that cheap simply because in long term people will care for quality . Tell me if your nokia phone dropped once and damaged screen would you bother to buy nokia for second time ?

moshel

Padawan
ok well for starters...

1. they sound too cranky and irritating and over loud..

2. when u receive a call u have no option to put it on silent. either u pick up the call or reject it or close ur ears tight until the person calling you hangs up.

3. bluetooth stops working after sometime.

4. so does the cam.

5. all it needs is a minor fall to the ground....

well the + point is that u can watch TV on it (doordarshan only)

Tamoghno

Padawan
The thing i'm interested about is tv. Why dont nokia / samsung implement this kind of technology .is there and legal restriction . Just curious ?

OP
drsubhadip

drsubhadip

In the zone
any more point out please......

any other thing please tell me ...
are the korian mobile is better than the chinees mobile?
please tell me

Last edited:

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
The thing i'm interested about is tv. Why dont nokia / samsung implement this kind of technology .is there and legal restriction . Just curious ?
N96 got tv :D

and there is a seprate tv reciever for every bluetooth enabled phone

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
well chinese phones are not utter crap

some works pretty well and some does not work at all !@!

so there is always a fear of mobile ab gaya tab gaya

so it is better to buy branded one then crap :D

Tamoghno

Padawan
About the warranty , yes some dealer provide warranty but i think that really depend on seller .

About tv , i know n96 got tv , but that's DVB-H Tv , not standard doordarshan one that chinese provide.

arupch

Tech Addict
Some dealer provides 1 year warranty. Renowned brands among the chinese are ZTC or CECT.
In Bigbazar I saw one phone marketed by Micromax (originally a Chinese stuff) for 7.5 K . They are giving a Nokia 1208 free with it - and 1 year replacement warranty.
A few Chinese phones by CECT that I've seen (not used) looks pretty good in build quality. But most phones do not have any Java support - so u can't install anything. Also the cams are pretty crap - almost all are interpolated - not the pixel rating as advised.
The thing that worries me about the Chinese phones are the - radiation (SAR rating).

Tamoghno

Padawan
Nice to hear they are giving free nokia handset with chinese sets.

@ arupch
I always doubted about their sar rating. Specially with those dual sim at once handsets . Do you have any official figure ?
And the build quality of this phone is pretty nice. Most are made of metal (hence crap reception ) . But problem is the internal components like screens are very compromised. So the external solid build dont really matter.
About the cam : yes the megapixel count are almost never true. And every single picture i've seen looks like it was interpolated while processing to create larger image.

OP
drsubhadip

drsubhadip

In the zone
oh...........
i m not used to think in that manner as the china people r benefitted as we r buying their mobile.............
really............
good idea.........

arupch

Tech Addict
yes Chinese mobiles look tempting with all the features at the offer price. But if you don't have money to throw away - its better to stay away from them.
If u have 4-5K to throw away - then u could give Chinese mobiles a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom