China laughs openly at US treasury secretary

Status
Not open for further replies.

nix

link: *www.reuters.com/article/companyNewsAndPR/idUSPEK14475620090601

US treasury secretary was laughed at openly by chinese students at peking university. Geithner said "chinese assets are safe", to which the chinese laughed. china is the largest holder of US debt, around a trillion US dollars.

unfortunately a video is not available as of now. im looking for it though.

I see this as an insult to obama and the USA. such a major reaction could not have been spontaneous. I think it planned well in advance.

Whoever said obama will bring respect to USA...should now eat their words.

OP
nix

nix

first off, its not exaggerated.
second, it does make a difference, if you have some sense of self respect.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
1. It does not matter.
2. If what the US did was DUMB they deserved to be laughed at. To be precise, they got done in by their own GREED.

OP
nix

nix

@pr.itdude: thanks for the correction, I used the phrase "self respect" in a wrong way.

@nucleuskore: I'm waiting for it too. The US media has downplayed the incident.

China is what it is today only because of the US. They ought to be thankful. It is an arrangement that has benefited only china. US working class has been hit severely due to the greed of the ones at the top.

The chinese students probably do not realize that if their govt decides to sell US reserves, US will be hit hard only in the short term. Because, if the value of the dollar drops, US will not be able to import much coz everything would have become expensive. That will force the USA to manufacture everything themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom